hey guys!

This is a discussion on hey guys! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys... I drive a 2004 rally blue WRX wagon. With a stage 2 tune from FTW tuning in Eugene. ...

hey guys!

Hey guys...

I drive a 2004 rally blue WRX wagon. With a stage 2 tune from FTW tuning in Eugene. This is my 1st awd + Turbo car.... I've had 5 other vehicles

1st- 87 bmw e30 325e
    2nd- 92 bmw e36 325i
    3rd- (favorite rwd car) 95 bmw dinan M3 coup
    4th- 88 bmw dinan e30 325is
    5th- 97 lifted 4runner

As you can see I have had rwd/normally aspirated cars before this scoobi... Ive always loved wrx's/sti's but never really got to drive one. Since i live in the valley where we experience all four seasons I thought it was about time I grab one. Even though I don't go a day without missing my m3 This wrx is TRULY AMAZING- the turbo and the awd is something i never got to have and im loving it!! not to mention good clearence and the wagon giving me enough space to sleep comfortable on the mountain with my 2 dogs. However all be the first to admit IM a true noob.... I know very little about these cars..

I've been hearing alot controversy about up pipes... and not sure if its actually worth the $..??

i already have full exhaust with down pipe....+ intake and ECU (tune)

if this would be a good thing to add on- does anyone know of a solid sight to purchase one from??

thanks a lot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should get a catless uppipe as soon as possible.

Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I actually talked to a muffler shop who specializes in Subaru's, and he said the up-pipe concern is without warrant. He said because it's a wrapped cat (and non-ceramic) that it can't break apart and get sucked into the engine. Don't know if this is true, but it sounds plausible. Just thought I'd toss the opinion of a shop owner who's handled Subies for years in there. Anyways, welcome to the site
    Stink-eye Mob #28

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephalgia
    I actually talked to a muffler shop who specializes in Subaru's, and he said the up-pipe concern is without warrant. He said because it's a wrapped cat (and non-ceramic) that it can't break apart and get sucked into the engine. Don't know if this is true, but it sounds plausible. Just thought I'd toss the opinion of a shop owner who's handled Subies for years in there. Anyways, welcome to the site
    That mechanic has never seen a failure, which is great for him and stock 2.0L WRX owners in your area that he has worked on. The fact is, it's a well-documented issue with pictures all over the Internet.

A friend of mine went through an issue last year, in which his turbo got replaced under warranty due to this.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Did Subaru used to use ceramic or honeycomb cats? I'm wondering why this was such a big problem, and why the shop owner doesn't think it would be an issue? Either way, I'm glad I have an 09, I heard uppipe installs are a nightmare
    Stink-eye Mob #28