hey guys!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hey guys! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys... I drive a 2004 rally blue WRX wagon. With a stage 2 tune from FTW tuning in Eugene. ...

hey guys!

Hey guys...

I drive a 2004 rally blue WRX wagon. With a stage 2 tune from FTW tuning in Eugene. This is my 1st awd + Turbo car.... I've had 5 other vehicles

1st- 87 bmw e30 325e
    2nd- 92 bmw e36 325i
    3rd- (favorite rwd car) 95 bmw dinan M3 coup
    4th- 88 bmw dinan e30 325is
    5th- 97 lifted 4runner

As you can see I have had rwd/normally aspirated cars before this scoobi... Ive always loved wrx's/sti's but never really got to drive one. Since i live in the valley where we experience all four seasons I thought it was about time I grab one. Even though I don't go a day without missing my m3 This wrx is TRULY AMAZING- the turbo and the awd is something i never got to have and im loving it!! not to mention good clearence and the wagon giving me enough space to sleep comfortable on the mountain with my 2 dogs. However all be the first to admit IM a true noob.... I know very little about these cars..

I've been hearing alot controversy about up pipes... and not sure if its actually worth the $..??

i already have full exhaust with down pipe....+ intake and ECU (tune)

if this would be a good thing to add on- does anyone know of a solid sight to purchase one from??

thanks a lot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should get a catless uppipe as soon as possible.

Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I actually talked to a muffler shop who specializes in Subaru's, and he said the up-pipe concern is without warrant. He said because it's a wrapped cat (and non-ceramic) that it can't break apart and get sucked into the engine. Don't know if this is true, but it sounds plausible. Just thought I'd toss the opinion of a shop owner who's handled Subies for years in there. Anyways, welcome to the site
    Stink-eye Mob #28

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephalgia
    I actually talked to a muffler shop who specializes in Subaru's, and he said the up-pipe concern is without warrant. He said because it's a wrapped cat (and non-ceramic) that it can't break apart and get sucked into the engine. Don't know if this is true, but it sounds plausible. Just thought I'd toss the opinion of a shop owner who's handled Subies for years in there. Anyways, welcome to the site
    That mechanic has never seen a failure, which is great for him and stock 2.0L WRX owners in your area that he has worked on. The fact is, it's a well-documented issue with pictures all over the Internet.

A friend of mine went through an issue last year, in which his turbo got replaced under warranty due to this.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Did Subaru used to use ceramic or honeycomb cats? I'm wondering why this was such a big problem, and why the shop owner doesn't think it would be an issue? Either way, I'm glad I have an 09, I heard uppipe installs are a nightmare
    Stink-eye Mob #28

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.