Picked up the new WRX tonight - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Picked up the new WRX tonight within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; very nice! you will LOVE it. usually not a fan of silver but that looks really nice plus its a ...

very nice! you will LOVE it. usually not a fan of silver but that looks really nice plus its a breeze to keep clean! (damn you black paint)
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The stock wheels on this car are attention grabbers...especially on the lighter silver. I don't see any need to replace them.

Dyno/tune appointment is set with TopSpeed for the 9th of next month. I am really looking forward to that one.

Today was filled with clay baring and waxing. I'll end up taking some parking deck shots Saturday evening. Hopefully...next week I'll have the bi-xenon retrofit assemblies in.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Congrats on the purchase.Wow,from an Avalanche to a WRX! Did the change make you claustrophobic?I ask because my father-in-law has a Ridgeline & he can't stand my car!
    I was getting tired of it. I had a Tahoe before too and while it does have its benefits (all of that room), it can be a PITA at times. I was ready for something different and I haven't had a fast car in awhile. This will be my baby transport rocket ship.

This car would be perfect if it got me better than 22MPG. My old V8 2001 540i/6 got better MPG than this at 23/24. It was a tad slower though, and I wasn't as heavy footed with it.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Nice Congrats How you liking the spt exhaust thats what I have but my WRX. Looks good

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    The stock wheels on this car are attention grabbers...especially on the lighter silver. I don't see any need to replace them.
    +1. I feel like a new thread pops up every week with people looking to replace their '11 rims? I dont get it, the look great and are new for 2011! Oh well, some lucky people are going to get new WRX wheels for cheap!

Congratz on the purchase. 5-doors are dead sexy. Silver looks good a lot longer after washes then the other colors for sure. Enjoy it!

Yeah, that's why I'm having mixed feelings on what I'm gonna do this winter when I pick up a set of Continental DWS tires. Mount them on the stockers or get a new set of Rotas. It would be easier to sell the stockers with the summer tires on them than just the summer tires by themselves?
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

You might consider waiting until the break-in period has expired before getting your car tuned. Just a thought... Furthermore, pro-tuning may void the warranty. If you're going to get the car tuned anyhow, it would be a waste to do so without first replacing your downpipe.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    Nice Congrats How you liking the spt exhaust thats what I have but my WRX. Looks good
    I like it so far. Not too loud and it gives the already throaty Boxer engine a little bit deeper note. Makes all of the Honda rice burners jealous...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome!

You might consider waiting until the break-in period has expired before getting your car tuned. Just a thought... Furthermore, pro-tuning may void the warranty. If you're going to get the car tuned anyhow, it would be a waste to do so without first replacing your downpipe.
    I talked to the guys at TopSpeed and the tune is actually a safer one than stock. It will push the HP up about 20 or so and the torque up 70 (guesses...don't really know until its on the dyno), but more important than the numbers is the tune. It also creates a better curve. Should affect warranty at all as you can just reflash if you had to.

But they have VTEC, LOL, and yes it's about 20hp/70tq for stage 1. Post the dyno results (before and after) after you go!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome!

Not necessarily, the newer models really respond well to a "stage 1" tune, more so than previous models. The jump from "stage 1" to "stage 2" is significant though.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Banned
    I like it so far. Not too loud and it gives the already throaty Boxer engine a little bit deeper note. Makes all of the Honda rice burners jealous...
    YEAH, HONDAS SUCK MAN! YOU SHOW EM!

Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    YEAH, HONDAS SUCK MAN! YOU SHOW EM!
    I have a friend that is in a Honda S2000 that won auto-x in a WRX. I can't say that too loud around him...he'll completely drop me. Honda's are great when they are done right...unfortunately 99% of the time...they aren't...

Banned
    I have a friend that is in a Honda S2000 that won auto-x in a WRX. I can't say that too loud around him...he'll completely drop me. Honda's are great when they are done right...unfortunately 99% of the time...they aren't...
    99% of the time they are stock and driven by non-enthusiasts and therefore unimportant and boring just like most cars on the road. There is a special place in hell for the disgraceful modification of any car but I wont get into that...

mrd
    Welcome WRX's are good cars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast