New Member - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; rage i got the WR blue hatch too and just got the front spoiler... i know its over priced but ...

rage i got the WR blue hatch too and just got the front spoiler... i know its over priced but im very satisfied. it was talked down so much because of the price but once its on the car it looks beautiful especially with the blue and black accents everywhere!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am going to look into the warranty issue more. Anyways guys what is the best mod you have done to your car in your opinion? And reason?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SneekyK View Post
    I am going to look into the warranty issue more. Anyways guys what is the best mod you have done to your car in your opinion? And reason?
    Short shifter + shifter bushings + clutch stop. It's a whole different car.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^,I just installed the short shifter & bushings & its like driving a different car,shifter feel has improved dramatically.Also suspension upgrades,sway bars & endlinks.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

spt exhaust is my fav mod the rumble alone is amazing. Is the short shifter from subaru and bushings what everyone has or aftermarket ones?

aftermarket bushings.

i have the short throw from subaru, but the kartboy one is very popular

Sweet car and sweet house! Grats! As for mods I suggest going stage 2 with a full turboback exhaust. Invidia or Cobb. STS if you dont have one already.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    FIC 1100cc Injectors, DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump, PTP Turbo Blanket
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

the spt short thow is 295$ from subaru? and he said the bushing is 25$? Is this what everyone else payed if you bought it through subaru?

I think it was a little cheaper when bought with the car since it was at invoice price, not retail.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Just checked, $231 invoice, the bushing I'm not sure cuz they forgot to charge me for it, but 20 sounds about right.

hm... ok it seems worth it. So it does not come with a shift knob right? So that's another 100$ for one like the sti knob?
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

No it doesn't, I'm just using the stock knob. I haven't really thought about upgrading it, I looked at the ones that Subaru offers and none of them caught my eye.

So is the short throw a lot shorter then stock? About how many inches smaller is the throw like from the top of the knob down how much shorter is it about?
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

LOL no idea, never tried a stock WRX. I'll have to try it next time I'm by the dealer and see if they have any stockers.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SPT2011 View Post
    So is the short throw a lot shorter then stock? About how many inches smaller is the throw like from the top of the knob down how much shorter is it about?
    Contrary to popular belief, a SS doesn't necessarily have to be shorter than its stock counterpart (from to to bottom). For example, my factory SS is nearly the same height as the stock shifter, but the throw is about as short as the Kartboy SS. The short throw comes from the distance between the pivot point and the lever actuator (to the gearbox). The longer the said distance, the shorter the throw.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast