New Member - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Above is a power train warranty only....

Above is a power train warranty only.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SneekyK View Post
    The dealer I bought the car from provided me with an unlimited miles unlimited years warranty and signed off on all performance mods. The whole reason why I bought this car was to do just that. So they wont cover the parts I replace but they will cover the parts they attach to.
    Wat.

I've NEVER heard of that. You might want to reread that contract....
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I did, believe me I didnt believe a word the dealer said after what I went through buying a car from them but it is true. My pops is a malpractice case lawyer and read through it for me.

I also got the extended warranty as well so I am covered 60,000 mile bumper to bumper. The warranty is third party for the lifetime. Ofcourse.
    Last edited by SneekyK; 04-19-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: idiot

zax
    I did, believe me I didnt believe a word the dealer said after what I went through buying a car from them but it is true. My pops is a malpractice case lawyer and read through it for me.
    Wow. That dealer must be plain STUPID. Do they realize how much reliability is sacrificed when paired with modifications?

Facebook me here

What about reliability? The cars do not take on mods well?

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome congrats on the new scooby and to build the house to suit the car

whereabouts u located as it might be easier for folks to say see xxxxx vendor for those parts/mods/tuning etc etc
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-19-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

zax
    What about reliability? The cars do not take on mods well?
    Honestly? Not really. You bought a small-displacement car that produces ~220 whp. To hit, say 350 whp, you'll need signficant modifications. Then, you'll start running into issues with the stock internals, and the transmission and rear diff. The Subaru WRX was designed to produce 220 whp and nothing more. That's why I'm surprised that ANY dealer would sign off on an extended warranty knowing the reliability issues associated with modification.

I mean, with just a bad tune on a stock vehicle, you could blow your piston rings. I don't know of any dealer that would repair those damages under warranty.

Facebook me here

Texas although I am willing to drive anywhere. Most of my life my work has made me drive all around the country. So Distance does not bother me. Looking more for knowledge and product. But with my new work schedule closer is better.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Honestly? Not really. You bought a small-displacement car that produces ~220 whp. To hit, say 350 whp, you'll need signficant modifications. Then, you'll start running into issues with the stock internals, and the transmission and rear diff. The Subaru WRX was designed to produce 220 whp and nothing more. That's why I'm surprised that ANY dealer would sign off on an extended warranty knowing the reliability issues associated with modification.

I mean, with just a bad tune on a stock vehicle, you could blow your piston rings. I don't know of any dealer that would repair those damages under warranty.
    Wow I had no idea. I used to have a GS-T Eclipse back in the day and had done some modifications to it. Of course those cars were nothing but problems. I was told that Subarus took on Mods very well and they had very few issues. I do not want to go crazy with the horsepower. I am only into 0-60mph fun, and of course my favorite handling. So most modifications will be for corners.

Man I want your dealership, the best offer I've ever seen is that they will warranty parts if it is not related to the part that you put on. 90% of the time any engine mod even something as simple as an intake they will blame it on that and say your SOL.

I Support ClubWRX
    The warranty provided by dealers is the warranty of Subaru Of America.What usually happens is,if there is an issue with the car,the dealer sends pics of the said affected part & SOA decides whether or not to cover the cost of repair/replacement.This is for factory parts only.SOA does not warranty aftermarket parts.

You can write to them yourself & ask about this offer from your dealer just to make sure.If what you say is true,the dealer will cover all your aftermarket parts using their money,which is highly unlikely.If you have a contract I would read it very carefully.

Other than the factory warranty that covers the car for 36k/3 years ,SOA sells an extended warranty that I believe is for a maximum of 7 years/70k miles.This warranty also only covers factory parts.

There is no logical reason the dealer would have to cover your aftermarket parts.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Hold up guys please read my previous post again. I didnt say they cover my after market parts. What I stated on page one is that they do not cover the after market parts only the parts they are connected to. So example: I put on an intake and my engine blows. My engine is covered not the intake if it is defective. So any stock part that is left alone on the vehicle is covered. This still applies if the engine blows due to the intake. It is a third party warranty. Look up West Houston Subaru and read about the warranty they offer. They are the only ones in Houston that have this contract. You can call them to verify. They will also sell you a WRX $1,000.00 under invoice.

yea but say your engine "blows". they can use the intake as an excuse to why then engine blown because of the aftermarket part.... Basically they make the car to last and be very reliable with the stock parts, so in return they cover all of the parts under warranty. SOA is in charge not the dealership. it seems like a 3rd party contract will apply to the after market part like the intake, not the engine or the stock parts that can break...very confusing what your saying about the warranty

and yes the cars do take good to modding, a lot better than other cars in its class.... if your not worried about the warranty then go ahead and go cobb stage 2+aem and you will be more than satisfied. its 309 hp or something like that and it pulls much harder than stock. all you need is an aem intake, spt exhaust, cobb dp, cobb accessport(all my favorites) and your pushing much more power then stock, just start there

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SPT2011 View Post
    yea but say your engine "blows". they can use the intake as an excuse to why then engine blown because of the aftermarket part....
    This is what usually happens in practice.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.