My 11 wrx with Yakima rack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 11 wrx with Yakima rack within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Stopped in the dealer I bought my car at, and they said they have tons of ppl trying to get ...

My 11 wrx with Yakima rack

Stopped in the dealer I bought my car at, and they said they have tons of ppl trying to get 11 wrx's. Told me they a have a DGM sedan Sti coming in that a guy backed out on and would give me a hell of a deal if they can get my car back so I may be driving a Sti shortly even though I just got this in OCT and have put 11k on it. You guys think I should swap it for the Sti already?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303181981.649093.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depends on the deal they are giving you... But I"m sure with 11k on it you will be losing a bit.... but who knows =) If you want it, and can afford it... go for it

KHP
    Nice! I decided to pull the trigger on the exact same Yakima roof rack system that you have. So far the best thing I spent money on. I currently only have one bike carrier though which is a Front Loader. Its a breeze to load and unload my bike.

Hmm... I would love to have an STi, but with how much I put in my car already(like you) and how much it feels like home to drive it I would stay with my WRX.

It's up to you though... what are your priorities? Are you actually going to take advantage of what the STi has to offer? Are you doing it just for the sake of having an STi? Is the dealership suckering you to spend more money with an illusion of getting a great deal? My dealership tried pulling that stunt on me when I stopped by to buy accessories.
    Last edited by KHP; 04-18-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I'd do it if it was a good enough deal
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I would do it but take everything off the wrx first. I traded my 08 STI for the new sedan STI and swapped everything but the cat back exhaust.

I got a pretty good deal on the rack from a guy I know, $300 and it came with 4 trays and 4 raptor mounts. Came with Qtowers but I ditched those and bought the control towers that actually bolt to the roof. Sounds like their thinking my car and $6500 for the Sti. Which I don't think is to bad, it's just the base model Sti sedan.

Sounds like a steal, especially since you already "used" this car.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

KHP
    Actually that does sound pretty good. Go for it if you want it and can afford it.

And you've got a base WRX??

Considering I paid about 24k for my base WRX, that sounds like a pretty dang good deal...just keep in mind you'll get to pay taxes on all of it all over again as well.

I might pull that trigger though if I had the opportunity...assuming it was a 4 door STI :P
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

If the deal is remotely accurate to what he says it is, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Just keep in mind you'll get to pay taxes on all of it all over again as well.
    +1

That's the only downside that's where he'll lose out a little. In addition quite a bit higher insurance rate as well.

They said $6500 plus tax & lic. Still waiting for the final numbers and what it's gonna do to my payment. Not really worried about the insurance being I have nothing on my record. My wrx is a base model as well and the Sti is a base sedan.

My dad has an 09 silver premium wrx with only 13k on it and they're trying to get that from him as well. Haha my pops won't budge even after them offering him 21k for trade in. The dealer I got my car at said they were only able to get 6 wrx's this year and being they can't get anymore I guess supply and demand comes into play.

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    Not really worried about the insurance being I have nothing on my record. My wrx is a base model as well and the Sti is a base sedan.
    You might want to check that first though just to avoid surprises. Some insurance companies wants twice as much as they would charge for a regular WRX(Depending on age and history). Don't jump the gun blindly.

Ya I'll check it out, when I got insurance on my 11wrx at state farm. The computer only showed impreza and no wrx or Sti option. Just based off vin I guess. I'll see what happens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast