Patiently waiting...

This is a discussion on Patiently waiting... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The past 3 weeks have been much of a roller coaster. When I thought I had nailed down my new ...

Patiently waiting...

The past 3 weeks have been much of a roller coaster. When I thought I had nailed down my new car choice (coming from an Avalanche), it was squashed when actually saw the truck space of the new Evo X's. 6 cubic feet isn't quite enough room with a baby on the way...(why they even made that car like that is beyond me)

So my search turned to the WRX. After consulting with several friends, one of which won Auto-X in STi's, I landed on the decision that a WRX Limited hatch in dark gray was going to be perfect to fit my needs since it was going to be a DD and not tracked. Other than being able to drop a 4x8 sheet of ply wood in it...I was going to actually gain utility as it will be the perfect mountain biking transport vehicle that can still handle the needs of a family.

Then the ball dropped...

There are no WRX's left anywhere! I have been searching all over the place for a 2011 silver WRX Limited and they simply don't exist. All of the Atlanta dealers are completely out and not taking orders. The one that did actually have one, sold it before it even made it off the truck.

How are the ordering points going for the 2012's? Does anyone even know yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Where are you located?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Where are you located?
    Atlanta, GA

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Keep in mind the 2012 body may have a change as the new impreza design is different. As for orders they havent even released the new wrx or sti so it will be a while. I would check some dealers in neighboring cities/states and call around.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Ohh... cause I was going to say that Mark Miller Subaru here in South Salt Lake has 4 STi's and a couple of WRX's, but that is a long distance...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Im in Lawrenceville, GA and the dealership here has 1 STI left no WRX

There is supposed to be a silver 5 door coming in to Riverside Subaru here in Little Rock soon. Don't know if you could do a dealer trade or not, I've heard that most dealers don't want to trade WRX's since they sell pretty well. But you might get lucky...

I have a DGM 5 door on order from a different dealer. Riverside was pretty unwilling to negotiate much on price, so I went elsewhere. My car was ordered on March 1 and scheduled for a May delivery date, but with the situation in Japan orders are pretty sketchy right now. I suspect that has a great deal to do with why dealers won't take additional orders right now.
    There is another DGM 5 door en-route to a dealer in Texas right now, just get on subaru.com and check out the dealer locater and 'check inventory' pages of the various dealers. You should be able to see what is 'in transit' and even put deposits on those.

Sometimes...you just get lucky...