from mazda to subaru... 1st scooby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on from mazda to subaru... 1st scooby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, new scooby owner here used to own a 07 mazda 5dr GT. then went with a 08.5 mazdaspeed3. ...

from mazda to subaru... 1st scooby

hey guys, new scooby owner here

used to own a 07 mazda 5dr GT. then went with a 08.5 mazdaspeed3. i could've bought the new ms3 as it has improved everything in it and my sister has a 2010 mazda3 5dr GT. the adaptive-HID's and push-button start are freakin' awesome but it doesn't have the famous subaru symmetrical AWD.

posted pics of my new scooby here ==>>> new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red

bought from ramsey subaru... kudos to josh and cory, they're the BEST!

EDIT: here are some photos of my mazda3's and my sister's 2010

my 2007 mazda3 GT... it has everything except granny tranny and navi

my 2008.5 mazdaspeed3 sport... in its life, i added a sharkfin antenna, HID conversion kit, aftermarket LED tails, shifter bushings and window tints

my sister's 2010 when we picked it up... 2010 mazda3 GT without tech package

Last edited by zwrxp09; 04-18-2011 at 07:28 AM. Reason: added photos

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome man... Nice color, I tried looking for a red one when I bought mine but got stuck with black... Lighting Red is a very rare color... All you need now is some window tint and an aftermarket stereo/speakers/subs and you'll be good to go... post up some pictures of your old MS3...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

will when i get home later.

Welcome! I tooled around the decision between the ms3 and the WRX, we made the right chioce
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats!

IMO, Mazda's fit and finish has worsened in recent years...
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome and congrats!

IMO, Mazda's fit and finish has worsened in recent years...
    Mazda has gone to poop.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

i kinda liked the 2010+ interiors, they're way better than the 1st-gen mazda3's. my sister has a 2010 that's why i still considered the 2011 ms3. it has some toys i liked, suspension, interior fit and finish improved and contrary to most, the smile is ok to me and it won't be a dealbreaker. in fact, the ms3 be 4-6K less than the wrx, which is about 1-2K below invoice). what killed it was the unavailability of AWD.

almost no rattles too on my sister's 2010, unlike mine which squeaks and rattles everywhere during wintertime. i've heard it's the same thing with wrx's but what will you expect from an econo-turbo car.

anyway, got word it won't be ready today. hoping i can get it tomorrow... on my birthday! lol

added my mazda photos

Mazda had rattles too huh? I'm still chasing a rattle in my hatch, it's driving me nuts. I bought a nice roll of weatherstrip yesterday and put some on the plastic pieces, but I think there's still one rogue rattle I need to find.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    FIC 1100cc Injectors, DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump, PTP Turbo Blanket
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

oh yeah... it's a squeaking and rattling monster during wintertime. i think it's common with japanese cars nowadays.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by zwrxp09 View Post
    i think it's common with japanese cars nowadays.
    Nowadays? Evidently, you haven't driven a Japanese car from the 1980s era... I think everyone is just way too used to German sedans at this point....

Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Yep, I've owned BMWs since I started driving and never had a rattling problem like this. On a brand new car too! All of my bimmers I bought used...
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    FIC 1100cc Injectors, DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump, PTP Turbo Blanket
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

zax
    Before 2000, Japanese cars had the tendency to disintegrate after only a few years...

Facebook me here

my previous 97 corolla didnt do rattles like this because toyota were still using soft plastics on a big part of their dashboards. ever since japanese brands used hard plastics, the squeaks and rattles came in. i've previously owned a 78 mitsubishi lancer, 79 corolla, a 91 corolla, didnt squeak and rattle like new japanese cars today during wintertime.

Quote Originally Posted by zwrxp09 View Post
    my previous 97 corolla didnt do rattles like this because toyota were still using soft plastics on a big part of their dashboards. ever since japanese brands used hard plastics, the squeaks and rattles came in. i've previously owned a 78 mitsubishi lancer, 79 corolla, a 91 corolla, didnt squeak and rattle like new japanese cars today during wintertime.
    I had 03 eclipse GT before (now my brother's) and surprisingly until now @ 102,000 miles no squeak or rattles. Had a little on my wrx and too much sqeak on my 09 forester.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast