Hello everyone. First time wrx owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello everyone. First time wrx owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up everybody. New to the forum. I just bought my 2011 wrx yesterday, with Only 68 miles on it. ...

Hello everyone. First time wrx owner

Whats up everybody. New to the forum. I just bought my 2011 wrx yesterday, with Only 68 miles on it. Love the car. Just wanted to Greet everyone. I'll add some pics later on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome. Pics ^^

My other car 06 civic si

I wasn't used to the clutch coming from an si. Stalled twice driving out the lot lol

Quote Originally Posted by basedgod View Post
    I wasn't used to the clutch coming from an si. Stalled twice driving out the lot lol
    You must first become one with the beast! haha jk, congrats on the car man.
    2011 WRX DGM Limited Hatch
    Stink-Eye Mob #408

Cobb AP Stage 1, AEM CAI, SPT CBE, Tint, Red Tail Overlays, V1 hardwire, RA Mudflaps, STI STS, HT Auto Front Lip

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Welcome twin!
    Rachelle
    2011 DGM WRX Hatch
    Stink Eye Mob #970

Facebook link

this was also my first brand new car. currently at 238 miles right now. i havent opened that throttle up yet. should i wait til it has at least 500 on the odo? not on the street though. just to clarify

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Hey - Did you buy that one from Capitol Subaru in SJ last Sunday? I went to their website on Sunday afternoon. It listed a gray 5 door WRX I wanted. Called them, and Mike Schwartz told me it just sold. Damn Well, if things go well I'll be picking up my pearl blue 5 door WRX from Carlsen Subaru later this week. I had a hard time deciding between the GTI and the WRX. The WRX just has more magic, and you can't beat the AWD.

Anyway, Congrats on your new car!!!! I'll do a proper intro once I have picked up mine.

Thomas

According to the owner's manual, keep the rpm's below 4k until at least 1000 miles. Only exceed if necessary in emergency situations.
    2011 WRX DGM Limited Hatch
    Stink-Eye Mob #408

Cobb AP Stage 1, AEM CAI, SPT CBE, Tint, Red Tail Overlays, V1 hardwire, RA Mudflaps, STI STS, HT Auto Front Lip

Quote Originally Posted by basedgod View Post
    this was also my first brand new car. currently at 238 miles right now. i havent opened that throttle up yet. should i wait til it has at least 500 on the odo? not on the street though. just to clarify
    I have always tried to do a low rpm break in on my new cars but i never seem to stick to it and I have a friend that has drove every car that he has owned like a crazy person and has never had any problem hell I think he was shifting at red line with his 09 wrx when he was leaving the dealership and now has almost 30k miles on it with no problems. So I think it all up to how good your maintance is on oil changes and servicing your car.

Welcome and grats! I just went w/ the manual and didn't go above 4k in the first 1k miles, and no fast starts or stops.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

mmm looks sexxayyyy!!! Have mod plans? Welcome!!!!

Nice whips! 30k isnt alot of miles. I had an 08 pontiac g5 i picked up with 34 miles... Beat the snot out of it and got rid of it at 48k. Dont worry i didnt sell it to some poor soul. It got repo'd lol fail. As far as problems with the car i had many prolems however they were all non driver related. Such as vacuum leaks and electrical problems from the day i picked up the car and gm wouldnt honor my warranty... A week after i bought the car. This is the reason i will never own a new gm again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast