new used STI owner

This is a discussion on new used STI owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought a new used silver 2000 WRX STI sedan. It was inspected by 2 independent shops (who both gave ...

Thumbs down new used STI owner

Just bought a new used silver 2000 WRX STI sedan. It was inspected by 2 independent shops (who both gave it 4 stars or better out of 5 in every category) and got its Japanese National inspection as well (perfect score on everything). Nonetheless the car had serious engine troubles right off the lot! WTF?!?!? So it went directly to a Subaru dealer for a complete check. Needed a radiator hose, O2 sensor, spark plug wires, and coils... WTF?!?!? It was all covered by the car company that sold it to me (Nextage) but it should never have been let off the lot in such bad condition. Especially after I told the salesman that I wanted him to make double sure everything was in good running order (here in Japan you can not usually test drive a car before buying it) because my last car was a nightmare (E Class Brabus Benz). He assured me that they checked everything thoroughly and replaced everything that needed replacing (the rotors and pads were replaced up front). So although I am now the owner of an STI, I am driving a rental car yet again. WTF!?!?!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but congrats on the new car! Pictures?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thanks!

I went to pick up my car today... it drove great! But when I got it home I noticed a huge chunk missing from the sidewall of the front left tire... so back it goes... still in a rental... DOH! I do wanna say though that the Subaru dealer has been very nice! Its the damned used car lot that I bought the car from that has been ****e! On the plus side they seem guilted enough to make everything right finally...