Another MY2011 on the block
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another MY2011 on the block within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked up last weekend. The whole order took just over a month. I placed the order on march 5th (with ...

I Support ClubWRX

Another MY2011 on the block

Picked up last weekend.

The whole order took just over a month. I placed the order on march 5th (with the "6 to 8 weeks who knows" wait time), in 19 days i got a call with the ETA and the VIN, i was told its gonna be another 3 weeks. In a week, another call - car should come two days earlier. Finally after another two days i was told the car is there, making it an even 5 weeks.

Regarding driving experience - very nice, huge upgrade over an '02 Civic, mileage tho... oh well its a turbo. I drive a lot, so i had to get gas 4 days after teh pick up, 315 miles or so.

Here are some pix

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

love wrb.. great lookin car man! Enjoy it!
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Congrats! Looks great
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Love it! The HDR pics look great with the shadows going over the lines of the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    so when does this thing spool? cos i went over 5000 a few times and it didn't. makes me worry =)

Quote Originally Posted by Igor103 View Post
    so when does this thing spool? cos i went over 5000 a few times and it didn't. makes me worry =)
    How many miles do you have? Hoping you didn't take it over 5krpm while you're still in the 1k mile breakin period.
    And what do you mean by "spool"?

Sweet ride dude. I don't hear the turbo spoolin unless you're throttling it pretty hard, and you shouldn't be doing that until at least 1000 miles. I hear it more after going stage 1 though.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    i got 300 miles, but its very hard not to try. so i "carefully accelerated" a few times. You know "varying speeds" n such

Quote Originally Posted by Igor103 View Post
    i got 300 miles, but its very hard not to try. so i "carefully accelerated" a few times. You know "varying speeds" n such
    I can definitely appreciate the difficulty in showing restraint! I definitely accelerated hard up to 4k rpm several times during breakin, which I believe is the intent with varying speeds, loads and through all gears. The turbo comes on really strong right after 3500rpm so you would definitely hear/feel it at 5k. It sort of plateaus above 5k, actually.
    Can't wait to COBB AccessPort and open it up even more!

I felt some pretty significant gains on the butt dyno when I went Cobb Stage 1 OTS 93 octane. I'm hoping to get even more out tonight when I get a custom "road tune". I'm not sure if I can hold out until 60k miles for a downpipe...
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    dont know if i gonna cobb mine, but first thing would be rallyarmor mudflaps

also the R205 style rear under spoiler would be nice (if that is even possible to get now)
    Last edited by Igor103; 04-14-2011 at 09:57 AM.

NLK
    Congrats on the new WRX! You must have gotten one from off one of the boats that left before the quake!

What's the build date on yours? It should be on the sticker in the drivers door.

welcome....WRB is one of my favorite colors for the 5-doors.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    What's the build date on yours? It should be on the sticker in the drivers door.
    02/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.