New to here, Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Jasper engines

This is a discussion on New to here, Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Jasper engines within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I currently have a remaned ej205 jasper engine in my car. I was told by the previous owner who installed ...

New to here, Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Jasper engines

I currently have a remaned ej205 jasper engine in my car. I was told by the previous owner who installed it (lucky me) it was a Level II and jasper also confirmed this but they only tell me it was built to spec and no details. According to the website the Level II engine is suppose to have the works done to it. Not sure if anyone would know more info than just that. It was an expensive engine over 5k+ and then another 1500 or more for installing. Plus its still under warrenty for another year and a half. But according to my COBB AP using the dyno on it, it says I'm putting out 273 whp and 315 ft lbs of torque and the AP stage 2 tune is the only real mod other than a 2 1/2 inch stainless steel exhaust.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't trust the dyno feature on the AP, there are a lot of inaccuracies with it. A true dyno is the only way to get correct numbers
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I know that, but i figured it must be close. My car pulls like it has that much hp though. I did race an 06/07 wrx , before i even got the AP stage 2 tune done, needless to say i kept ahead and even gained on him when he tried . Oh and my stock turbo with the AP stage 2 tune puts out 16 lbs at its peak.

Quote Originally Posted by slfwrx02 View Post
    I know that, but i figured it must be close. My car pulls like it has that much hp though. I did race an 06/07 wrx , before i even got the AP stage 2 tune done, needless to say i kept ahead and even gained on him when he tried . Oh and my stock turbo with the AP stage 2 tune puts out 16 lbs at its peak.
    I would guess with a stock turbo, you're looking at 210 - 225WHP and 240WTQ, give or take. You'd need a turbo upgrade to be at those numbers on an EJ205
    Stink eye mob #727

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    A stage II EJ205 puts down more power than a stock EJ255. In fact, a stage II EJ205 puts down close to the same amount of power as a stage II EJ255 w/ the TD04....

Your car puts down closer to 225 whp... or if it's an OTS tune w/ a gutted uppipe, around 220 whp at sealevel. Even with a different motor, you're still maxxing out the stock TD04, so similar numbers apply...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Well along with the fuel pump and bigger injectors, not quite sure what turbo I want to put on yet. would like to find a vf39 from an sti. But i do believe my car has bigger cams, its just that jasper can't tell me if I do or not. Is it odd to spool up and get like 6 lbs of boost at 2k even?

and i don't know or even read of anyone else who has a jasper engine in their subbie

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Is it odd to spool up and get like 6 lbs of boost at 2k even?
    Not at all. It sounds like the company may have gutted the uppipe (though I can't imagine they would, considering it's illegal), that will allow the turbo to spool quicker. The TD04-13T is a small snail. It's a nice DD for the 2.0L, and much too small for the 2.5L. What exactly does Jasper rebuild? Do they build with OEM parts?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Well along with the fuel pump and bigger injectors, not quite sure what turbo I want to put on yet. would like to find a vf39 from an sti. But i do believe my car has bigger cams, its just that jasper can't tell me if I do or not. Is it odd to spool up and get like 6 lbs of boost at 2k even?
    The TD-04 is a pretty quick spooling turbo so it doesn't seem to out of the ordinary
    Stink eye mob #727

I'm not exactly what parts are in my engine every time I called jasper to ask all they told me was "it was built to spec". The only thing they could do was confirm it was sold as a Level II engine. When i asked if that meant it got all the performance parts i was told "it was built to spec". But if i go by the website's info it should just about have the works done. Which was why i was wondering if anyone on here might know about them. It is still under warranty though...i'd probably void it with a bigger turbo lol.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Interesting considering Jasper doesn't deal in turbo Subaru motors.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar