what can i get for my money? 19k to spend - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on what can i get for my money? 19k to spend within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Marioshi How come you bought a 2008 Altima if you wanted a WRX? How long have you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    How come you bought a 2008 Altima if you wanted a WRX? How long have you had said altima?
    i bought it about a year ago. I spend 6k on it and my dad spend 6k. I had about 9k at the time i bought it but he wouldnt let me spend over 12k on my first car. Since i have had it, i have just been saving up more money. He said once i am 17, he will give me the other 2k he agreed on and i could buy whatever i want. Now that the time has come, hes trying to steer me away from it and saying i will never drive it in college and its a waste of money. I would want to take my caar with me to college, i just depends where i live and how far off campus i am. None the less, i think i am a pretty good driver. I used to race shifter carts before i sold them to get money for the altima. NO accidents and no tickets yet.e

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wish I had that kind of money going into college. Honestly, invest the max amount of money in a 401K every year until you get out of college.
    Most cars get trashed in college- KEEP THE ALTIMA! Seriously, 4 years of partying does as much damage to the car as it does to your health, but the car looks a lot worse, kind of like what your Sunday morning hangovers will look like.
    When you get out of college, make sure you have some cash, get a job and then get the car you want. Trust me, you will have a lot more fun with the car you want after college than during college. Most people drive beaters in college.
    And if you stick with that 401K idea, you'll be retired by 55! <-- Oh yeah!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by miniracer43 View Post
    Now that the time has come, hes trying to steer me away from it and saying i will never drive it in college and its a waste of money.
    He's right.

None the less, i think i am a pretty good driver. I used to race shifter carts before i sold them to get money for the altima. NO accidents and no tickets yet.e
    This is where we differ.

Most people think they are good drivers; I think I am not a good driver but this is not common.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

This is where we differ.

Most people think they are good drivers; I think I am not a good driver but this is not common.[/QUOTE]

I should say a smart driver. Im sure it will take a long time to get used to the clutch and how the car handles. I am referring to "good" as in not stupid and putting my life and others people lives in danger.

KHP
    You guys are lucky to even have a year 2000+ car for college and have that much money. I drove a 1991 Hyundai Excel that my parents bought for $100. That car would break down ever other weekend and barely pass emissions tests. I loved that car definitely created some memories(being dead broke during college ). Coming from such a crappy car makes having a 2011 WRX now so much sweeter.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    You guys are lucky to even have a year 2000+ car for college and have that much money. I drove a 1991 Hyundai Excel that my parents bought for $100. That car would break down ever other weekend and barely pass emissions tests. I loved that car definitely created some memories(being dead broke during college ). Coming from such a crappy car makes having a 2011 WRX now so much sweeter.
    I would take anything that moves from my parents. Theres a bunch of kids at my school that have their parents buy them nice cars. A couple of my friends have some ****ty cars that their parents bought then but they dont really care since they paid nothing for it. I have saved up 11k since i love cars so much. If i only saved up 1,000, my car would only be 2,000. I didnt want that since i really wanted a nice car and decided to get myself a job.

Buying a WRX right now would definitely not be a smart move. You have a relatively new, reliable car that you don't have to pay for at all, nothing can beat that. Seriously, invest that money over the next 4 (or most likely 5) years and you will be much happier. You can drive the piss out of that car you graduate, still hopefully saving some money throughout school. Once you graduate, if you still really want a WRX you can pay cash and not have to finance it.

I wish I was in your shoes when I was 17.Had I started with 19 grand going into college I would be driving an M3...or have aids.

I'm not going to try to talk you out of getting the subaru, but having a chunk of money in the bank accruing interest is never a bad idea... I wish my first car was as new as yours, but I would've beat the piss out of it like I did my first few cars... I would even consider taking a few thousand and buying a 90's Corola or Civic for college transportation and selling the Nissan to add to the nest egg and later pay cash for the Subaru as a reward when you finish...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Another vote for hookers and blow. There is plenty of time in life to own automobiles later down the road. There is, usually, one chance to live the college life.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12