noob to subaru need help with EM

This is a discussion on noob to subaru need help with EM within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I recently purchased a 2004 wrx sedan. it had about 96,000 on it. It was a great buy and ...

noob to subaru need help with EM

So I recently purchased a 2004 wrx sedan. it had about 96,000 on it. It was a great buy and i love driving it everyday. Mods so far are few.....uppipe, hks catback, and silencer delete. I'm kinda a hands on learning type of guy. I've been looking into tuners like open source and cobb access port. still kinda of confusing as which one is better for me. I live in yuma az and there arent alot of tuning places around here for an opensource. I want to do future mods like dp, front mount intercooler, fuel injectors and wastegate. I want to get my powerlevel to about 320-350 hp and tq but at the same time want it to be drivable on the street. help with mods list to get me there the cheapest way? thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

O and what em will get me there from start to finish?

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you don't seem to be looking to self-tune, the best EM is the one the shop tuning your car is most comfortable using. Same thing goes for your power goals; the shop you're using will know their dyno/tuning best, so they'll be able to give you an idea the best way to achieve it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Agreed, the mods you have planned aren't supported by OTS map so you would need a protune either way. To get to the power number you are looking for, a turbo upgrade and supporting mods are probably going to be needed. A word of advice... you have 3 words in your post that can't go together, power, driveable/reliable, cheap. You need to pick two of those, you can't have all three.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

reliable power is good with me :P just means i need to spend more time saving

THanks guys for the info. I know I can't haave my cake and eat it too but it would be nice though!!! so i guess im going to save money for reliability. I really dont want a plug n play system but in my area there're arent alot of tuning shops. none to be exact. What would be the best way to tune myself or how would i go about doing that?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by killa_B
    I really dont want a plug n play system but in my area there're arent alot of tuning shops. none to be exact. What would be the best way to tune myself or how would i go about doing that?
    Don't be afraid to drive 5-6 hours each way for a tune. Hell, even further if you don't mind staying in a hotel for a night.

I would recommend paying for an e-tune, where a tuner e-mails you a map, you datalog, they send a revised map, and the cycle continues until the tune is dialed in.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC