Greetings From Zimbabwe - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Greetings From Zimbabwe within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here are couple slightly better pictures from Japan....

Here are couple slightly better pictures from Japan.

Last edited by n0ugh7; 07-23-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: more pics
    Red JDM 2002 WRX 20K Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Ugh. I love your wagon.

Say hello to your brother from another mother:

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Damn I shoulda bought a wagon.......

I'll be honest, I had to wikipedia Zimbabwe after reading this thread. Other than knowing its in the middle of Africa somewhere, I was pretty ignorant.

So pardon my ignorance, but it looks like there are 3 major languages there, do you speak multiple languages natively, or just English?

Whats daily life, and work like? Harare looks like a typical big city.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Zax, your wagons pretty damned sweet. Really like black. Must go like a beast with all the mods you have on there.

06wrx4me, English is the primary language, all business is conducted in it. Literacy rates are pretty high here, 85-95% depending on which stats you choose to believe.

I guess daily life here is fairly normal. Stuff is extra expensive, a 16GB iPhone 5 will set you back around $1350.00, so theres that. A 2MB uncapped internet connection will set you back anything from $260.00 - $2153.0.

Road rules here are very, very lazily enforced, so people do some pretty crazy ****.

Other than that, it seems pretty normal. I've lived here all my life, so I'm perhaps not too aware of all the tiny things that are different here. A biggy is that there are no tuners here... Which really sucks bad.

The greater Harare area (including Chitungwiza) has a population of about 3.5 million. The city was never planned to handle that many people, so stuff is pretty tight, and dilapidated. especially the road network. Every time a significant amount of money is set aside to do something about it, a half arsed effort is made, and most of the money is pocketed.
    Last edited by n0ugh7; 07-23-2013 at 07:25 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by n0ugh7 View Post
    Zax, your wagons pretty damned sweet. Really like black. Must go like a beast with all the mods you have on there.

06wrx4me, English is the primary language, all business is conducted in it. Literacy rates are pretty high here, 85-95% depending on which stats you choose to believe.

I guess daily life here is fairly normal. Stuff is extra expensive, a 16GB iPhone 5 will set you back around $1350.00, so theres that. A 2MB uncapped internet connection will set you back anything from $260.00 - $2153.0.

Road rules here are very, very lazily enforced, so people do some pretty crazy ****.

Other than that, it seems pretty normal. I've lived here all my life, so I'm perhaps not too aware of all the tiny things that are different here. A biggy is that there are no tuners here... Which really sucks bad.

The greater Harare area (including Chitungwiza) has a population of about 3.5 million. The city was never planned to handle that many people, so stuff is pretty tight, and dilapidated. especially the road network.
    Have you ever traveled abroad or have any aspirations too?

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of field are you in?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I spent a month in Canada years ago, but I've only been out of Africa twice... The first world, feels a tad too straight laced and law abiding for my tastes.

South Africa which too large extent is as developed perhaps slightly more developed in certain areas thant Russia, has been looking pretty appealing lately.

I manage a digital print studio. We do everything from business cards to billboards.

I spent a month in Canada years ago, but I've only been out of Africa twice... The first world, feels a tad too straight laced and law abiding for my tastes.

South Africa which too large extent is as developed perhaps slightly more developed in certain areas thant Russia, has been looking pretty appealing lately.

I manage a digital print studio. We do everything from business cards to billboards.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by n0ugh7 View Post

Well it's nice to have you participating on the Club Greg.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

TheJ, Thanks

Well, I got impatient waiting for it, so i went ahead and ordered some stuff before its even gotten here.... :P

Engine
    Denso Iridium plugs, one step colder

Exhaust
    3" straight through Spec-D Tuning TBE with an N1 style muffler
    2" Uppipe

Intake
    K&N Drop in Filter

Handling
    Agency Power Billet Aluminium Pitch Stop mount (Loved the way it felt in my last WRX, more aggressive)
    Front and Rear Upper strut mounts (M2 Performance, i think, gimmicky perhaps, but it did make a pretty significant difference in my old WRX)

Turbo/Boost
    Grimspeed EBCS (My tuner said that, would work best in my situation)

Also got an Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable

Most importantly! Found a tuner who is actually willing to sort me out with an E-Tune

The parts will only be here in like 2-3 weeks, but still damned excited! should be getting the car in the next 3-4 days, will probably go nuts with the camera

I think its fairly safe to bank on a build thread for this car trying to be more active (like generally, so unfit its a joke) so installing the parts myself and taking pictures along the way is pretty good motivation, and its also motivation to get to the gym, so that i don't look like i'm going to pop, when i'm doing the heavy lifting :P

And I found a picture of my old WRX after its accident...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	399265_10152319861885702_1267341140_n.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	116041

thats after it flew 30 feet, went through a hedge, brick wall and a steel fence. tough, tough car.
    Driver was totally uninjured, except in the wallet.
    Last edited by n0ugh7; 09-09-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: old wrx pic

I Support ClubWRX
    Ouch!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

it still started but is otherwise a complete write off, the chassis is toast, as is the gearbox i suspect, thats not even talking about the steering and suspension components.

Is it me, or is it sad that the guy from zimbabwe types in better english than 95% of this forum?

And i am very jealous of that trans. if you ever decide to swap in a manual let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercookie View Post
    Is it me, or is it sad that the guy from zimbabwe types in better english than 95% of this forum?
    English is one of the major languages there.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I have been known to speak in a reasonably fancy fashion, on occasion too :P (my accent is sort of like a really proper sounding englishman)

TBH, i tried driving stick, and i'm just too damned lazy for it. That and on occasion I have the coordination of a pack of retards playing dodge ball (lots of movement, but none of it right)
    Last edited by n0ugh7; 09-09-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast