Greetings From Zimbabwe - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Greetings From Zimbabwe within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That sounds like a plan, but I'll wait until i have the car, incase they ask me any technical questions ...

That sounds like a plan, but I'll wait until i have the car, incase they ask me any technical questions like what model of ecu you I have and that kinda thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well, wow... i found out the model codes for my car and engine... Car: GDAA4CT Engine: EJ205DW3BE

Doing a google search for either of those doesn't turn up much thats interesting :P

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by n0ugh7 View Post
    well, wow... i found out the model codes for my car and engine... Car: GDAA4CT Engine: EJ205DW3BE

Doing a google search for either of those doesn't turn up much thats interesting :P
    It's OK... in short:
    You have a GDA chassis
    Your motor is the EJ205.

It's what we'd expect
    Subaru Impreza WRX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

i have one more long model number to add to that. cant confirm it because obviously i dont have the car yet, but it seems fairly likely that the ecu is a "A4SD900A" busy reading on what will work best with it

my ecu can do launch control!?! surely not *flicks a few pages back, googles launch control*

and this pack looks like a real winner WRX Performance Systems

new discovery my car has AEM EMS engine management. or at least i'm pretty sure it does. I matched up the little box below the steering on the interwebs (hmmm... sounds like I'm pretty boring)

SeatleJeremy, thanks

Anyone know if a Cobb will work in my car? all I've found are conflicting reports and nothing about my specific model.
    It's designed around North American fuel, which in itself can differ vastly across the US and Canada depending on region. I wouldn't run an off the shelf map on African fuel personally. Not familiar with the fuel in Zim, but I know that in general the quality of African fuel is much different from NA fuel. The Cobb may "work", but it's a risk.

If you end up having to go with an e-tune, I'd highly recommend a wide band O2 sensor.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Zimbabwe fuel is 93 ron. but since I discovered I have a AEM EMS, I'm going to find someone who can e-tune it (actually 83 ron, silly me)
    Last edited by n0ugh7; 06-21-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: lol, 83 ron rather :P

This the car I sold to pay for my bugeye. It's a 1997 Caldina GT-T. It uses a more advanced version of the 3SGTE engine from the Celica GT-Four, and uses the GT-four's 4WD system. It was making about 285-295bhp when I sold it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10620_281360455701_648735701_9166090_2776365_n.jpg  

This the car I sold to pay for my bugeye. It's a 1997 Caldina GT-T. It uses a more advanced version of the 3SGTE engine from the Celica GT-Four, and uses the GT-four's 4WD system. It was making about 285-295bhp when I sold it.
    Overseas you guys get so many great cars that we'll never see in the US.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

@jd92677, You guys get some pretty interesting cars too, I wouldn't mind a burbling V8 on the weekends, but unfortunately Most American cars aren't really suited to Zimbabwe, we have small parking spaces, narrow roads, etc...

I Have also found out about my car's suspension It's using "Cusco 667 618 SCTR/L" which I believe are called "Comp-S"

Hmmm, I really don't know very much about suspension, but I need to learn, because I want to get a bit more ground clearance on the car, because as is I think it will have problems with all the potholes and speed bumps in Zimbabwe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CUSCO.JPG  

Finally, after like 2 months of waiting. I picked my scooby up on Friday night and drove it back on Saturday (587Km or so). It's got a lifetimes worth of dirt on it, the radio got stolen, and the tires are in pretty bad shape, but otherwise it seems to be going pretty damn well going to clean it today, then I look around for some Castrol Edge oil to put in it tomorrow. I'm waiting for my Denso Iridiums to land , then I'll stick those in too. I'm also going to try and get a HKS, Greddy, K&N pad air filter for it, the one that's in it currently is pretty dirty, and has some oil on it.

Very cool. I love right hand drive cars. I'm diggin the color.
    Last edited by ctfireman; 06-12-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Righto! cars booked in, to have all major fluids flushed (engine oil, coolant, gearbox oil, brake fluid and diff oil)
    Got myself some Denso IK24's so thats plugs sorted, and I have a perrin pad air filter floating it's way towards me. next purchase is a timing belt kit (pulleys, seals, pretensioner and water pump included) and replacement radiator and ancillary hoses, then a aluminium racing radiator. after that theres the small matter of losing the cats, getting a fat ass exhaust and getting it tuned :P and a HKS SSQV some where along the line, would simply be awesome

tis going strong, running 1.1Bar of boost. and giving me incredible fuel economy 11km per litre my caldina was sitting on 4-6km per litre.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.