Former hemi owner, Ram and Charger looking for advise. Hatch or Coup?

This is a discussion on Former hemi owner, Ram and Charger looking for advise. Hatch or Coup? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am going to trade my 08 Dodge Ram Hemi in for a WRX limited, I can't seem to figure ...

Former hemi owner, Ram and Charger looking for advise. Hatch or Coup?

I am going to trade my 08 Dodge Ram Hemi in for a WRX limited, I can't seem to figure out which model to get hatch or Coup? Any advise on what to get options wise or any other advise is welcome.
    I think I was sold on the car when I was testing the Hatch and a subaru driver was coming onto the street I was on and nodded at me. Is that norma? Do subaru people have a respect for each other? I am in the Seattle area by the way.
    Mike.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Typically, Subaru owners (particularly WRX/STi/RS owners) tend to be a tight-knit group... especially those who are interested in modifying for performance.

There is no, coupe, so perhaps you mean the sedan? If it were me, I'd opt for the utility of the Hatch, especially coming from a truck. But I could be biased being a Wagon owner
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Personally, I'm a huge fan of the hatch but some people seem to really not like the wagon or hatch design. Like it's not cool if it's not a sedan. Perhaps their mom had a wagon when they were a kid and so they perceive it as lacking some machismo... Maybe they are insecure and fear that being seen in a hatch will cause people to question their sexual orientation.. Idk.
    In my mind just because something may have more utility doesn't make it less cool. Plus I believe the balance on the hatches now is actually superior to the sedan. Which is why they used the hatch design for the WRC.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Plus I believe the balance on the hatches now is actually superior to the sedan. Which is why they used the hatch design for the WRC.
    This is true, the hatch has much less overhang (actually, it's 7 inches shorter than the sedan!) Less polar rotation = better balance.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Another hatch owner here, and I am definitely a fan. But - it really comes down to personal preference. They both handle well and both look nice depending on your eye. Me - I never had a question - I love the way the hatch looks, and get tons of flattering comments on it. It seems like anyone who really knows cars ... appreciates WRX/STIs.

Quote Originally Posted by MSB/WRX View Post
    I think I was sold on the car when I was testing the Hatch and a subaru driver was coming onto the street I was on and nodded at me. Is that norma? Do subaru people have a respect for each other? I am in the Seattle area by the way.
    Mike.
    The majority of WRX/STI owners will wave at each other (or the like) when passing. I'm kind of used to it as I also own a Jeep CJ and the same thing exists among their owners. There is a nice camaraderie among Subie owners.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I have owned 3 hatches. A 93 civic, 2009GTI, and now 2011 WRX limited hatch. I absolutely love my car couldnt be happier go with the hatch!!!! get the spt exhaust too its the best! Look at my thread 5dr sunshade you will want one!! My cousin has a sedan they are both good but I am biased towards hatches.

i like the sedan just looks better to my eye. there is something abour the hatch that is odd. like others sayed it will be your car pick what catches youe eye. i have my moms LTD wt a 460 love it when i can fule the thing. 8mpg is hard to aford. wagons fly under radar. for some weard reason

G 5
    I just sold my Dodge Ram and bought a '11 Limited hatch. My drums wouldn't fit in a trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by MSB/WRX View Post
    I am going to trade my 08 Dodge Ram Hemi in for a WRX limited, I can't seem to figure out which model to get hatch or Coup? Any advise on what to get options wise or any other advise is welcome.
    Mike.
    I'm from Seattle too. Last year when I was car shopping for wrx I was really looking for a sedan but the hatches were growing on me and there are a lot of sedans on the road than hatches. My problem was the color.

Banned
    Dad?

jk jk...I think. (my dad has a Hemi Ram and my stepmom a Hemi Charger)

Get a hatch, they invented the term hot hatch for a reason!

More trunk space/shorter overall length, its a win-win!

I havent had an WRX drivers wave at me yet. I think owners of earlier model wrx's dont like my shiny new one. Can anyone confirm?

I am not jeolous of any ones new car. I love my Bugeye like no other car. Just don't act like a new car snob and you will get my respect.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.