New to ClubWRX and looking for a New to Me
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to ClubWRX and looking for a New to Me within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm Erik, and in the proccess of looking for a buyers guild to WRX's I stumbled across this ...

New to ClubWRX and looking for a New to Me

Hey guys, I'm Erik, and in the proccess of looking for a buyers guild to WRX's I stumbled across this forum. I've read the "how to buy a used WRX" thread from a couple years back, and the addition a few years after that. Great Info, Exactly what I needed!

I have a couple of question and want "you guy's" (or where i'm from "y'all's") opinion.

I'm looking at an 04 red wagon here Used 2004 Subaru Impreza - Champion Austin - 2004 Subaru Impreza. WRX and manual tranny. To me, it has some miles on it, but my 96 maxima just crapped out at 215 thou.

So is 165 too many? It is from a stealership but I don't have amazing credit and I feel like they can work out a deal with me to make payments.

One other thing, as opposed to the trunk inspection on the buyer guide, what do I look for specifically in wagons to be cautious about?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    wagons and sedans are nearly identical in mechanics. Just a few differences in dimensions. Stick to that buyer's guide. Make sure you get an independent subaru mechanic to look it over before purchase, and you should be good.

165k is pretty high, but there are people with over 300k on their WRXs. Just depends on how well it was maintained before you got yours.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Thanks very much. I'm just going to print it out and take it with me down there this weekend. Being at a dealership and not an individual, should I look in the owners manual for the maintenance records?

I Support ClubWRX
    Just ask the salesman if they have any maintenance records. They probably wont. But they might!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.