i have a 02 wrx i want a bigger turbo any ideas
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on i have a 02 wrx i want a bigger turbo any ideas within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have a dp , up, intake, exhaust system, i want to make my wrx a bit faster any ideas ...

Post i have a 02 wrx i want a bigger turbo any ideas

i have a dp , up, intake, exhaust system, i want to make my wrx a bit faster any ideas on a bigger turbo dats not dat expensive i was thinking the sti turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Are you protuned?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Goals for the car? Budget? Keep in mind you can't just buy the turbo.. You'll need supporting mods and a tune

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

im trying to spend at least 1500 ....i was thinking getting a sti turbo ,pink injectors, tmic, bigger fuel pump and a tune but idk were to start off i want to buy the parts little by little

Blouch 16g $699 used sti tmic $250 sti injectors $280 grand total $1229.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkiez View Post
    im trying to spend at least 1500 ....i was thinking getting a sti turbo ,pink injectors, tmic, bigger fuel pump and a tune but idk were to start off i want to buy the parts little by little
    Do it all at once theyet all require a tune.
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkiez
    i have a dp , up, intake, exhaust system, i want to make my wrx a bit faster any ideas on a bigger turbo dats not dat expensive i was thinking the sti turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkiez
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews
    Are you protuned?
    You never answered this question, nor mentioned any form of tuning in your OP.

If the car isn't properly tuned for your modifications, you shouldn't be thinking of a turbo swap at the moment.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Matthew, I know bugeyes can get away with a tbe and no tune but are they lenient with intakes too or do they still need a tune to run properly

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06
    Matthew, I know bugeyes can get away with a tbe and no tune but are they lenient with intakes too or do they still need a tune to run properly
    Some intakes are fine.

That said, even the stock airbox can use some MAF scaling
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

@matthew my car has never been tuned

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkiez View Post
    @matthew my car has never been tuned
    Go get a protune for your current mods so you'll actually be adding power for your current setup...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You want a larger turbo and you haven't even been tuned yet?

With the modifications you have, as everyone above has said; you aren't getting even close to the full potential out of the mods you have. Subarus are NOT a vehicle that can just go willy nilly without a tune. I can't guarantee that you aren't doing damage to your vehicle by driving it without a tune; some say bugeyes are lenient... In my (admittedly rather limited) experience, regardless of lenience...Why make an engine run in a way it's not being told to? The ECU is telling the engine to do certain things, and due to modifications, the actual things the engine are doing are...not exactly what is healthiest. Also; I advise you read this: http://http://forums.nasioc.com/foru...d.php?t=533787. you seem like you know a little about subarus- enough to know about the necessary supporting mods. And, while it is personal preference...I don't know anyone who would recommend having an intake on any subaru that isn't HIGHLY modified, and I know many who would tell you to put the stock intake back on immediately; estimates i've read put the stock intake as good up to around 400 hp...and even with a bigger turbo and supporting mods and a tune, you won't be running 400. Heck, I doubt you'd be running 400 even if you added meth/water injection along with the rest. Good luck with your subaru, welcome to the forums.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pylonpounder View Post
    With the modifications you have, as everyone above has said; you aren't getting even close to the full potential out of the mods you have. Subarus are NOT a vehicle that can just go willy nilly without a tune. I can't guarantee that you aren't doing damage to your vehicle by driving it without a tune; some say bugeyes are lenient... In my (admittedly rather limited) experience, regardless of lenience...Why make an engine run in a way it's not being told to? The ECU is telling the engine to do certain things, and due to modifications, the actual things the engine are doing are...not exactly what is healthiest. Also; I advise you read this: http://http://forums.nasioc.com/foru...d.php?t=533787. you seem like you know a little about subarus- enough to know about the necessary supporting mods. And, while it is personal preference...I don't know anyone who would recommend having an intake on any subaru that isn't HIGHLY modified, and I know many who would tell you to put the stock intake back on immediately; estimates i've read put the stock intake as good up to around 400 hp...and even with a bigger turbo and supporting mods and a tune, you won't be running 400. Heck, I doubt you'd be running 400 even if you added meth/water injection along with the rest. Good luck with your subaru, welcome to the forums.
    This^.... Side question, do you consider the SPT intake an aftermarket intake in the same regards?
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I was looking at ur pics and ur, wagon looks extremely low whats is ur suspension set up
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.