'10 WRX - engine light & cruise control flashing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '10 WRX - engine light & cruise control flashing within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got an answer on this issue from the dealer today. They told me that its a glitch in the ...

I got an answer on this issue from the dealer today. They told me that its a glitch in the ECU that reads improper air/fuel ratios from the mass airflow sensor. There are other cars that came in with the exact same issue. Subaru is aware of this problem and is working on a re flash that will be ready by the end of this month. They assured me that the car will be OK to drive until then. They just reset the warning lights for me. This is crazy...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That would have me worried to drive the car. If it's reading improper AFR, for all you know the motor is running lean under boost and rich at idle. I hope we don't start hearing about motors blowing up on the newer cars... I want my 2010/11 STI to be a positive experience
    2005 Pontiac GTO 6-speed
    364.94rwhp 359.47rwtq
    Mods: K&N Drop in Filter, MSD wires, AC Delco plugs, Corsa Sport Catback, Lonestar Ported LS2 Intake/TB

All three of my light came on 1/2 hr ago after leaving work. i turned on the a/c and rr defrost due to the rain and my CEL, traction light, and cruise light started flashing. this is my first subaru. 09wrx
    Last edited by jdmkid88; 06-14-2011 at 09:34 PM.

I'd call the dealer on that and get them to have a look.. do you have any mods on the car at all? How many miles?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

17k. CBE.
    i have an obd2 scanner and my job, should i still go to the dealer

that changes the game a bit.. lol.. run the codes and see what you get. My question is why didn't that cross your mind in the first place? The code will give you somewhere to start troubleshooting.. but with only 17k on a 09.. its still in warranty. Why not let the dealer have a look? Unless they're miles away or unusually rude to warranty customers you might as well let them handle the headache instead of working on it yourself. Think smart, not hard mang
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

i ran the code at my day job and this is what it said
    PO420 catalyst system effieciency below threshold bank 1.
    i also had a friend check out the exhaust and he told me that its a turbo back exhaust.
    bought the car that way

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's a normal code for cars with TBE's that are catless, and for some that have high flow cat's as well. I take it your car isn't tuned like it should be.... The downpipe should not be replaced without proper tuning along side it. You're going to need to either get a stock downpipe and install it, or look into getting a proper tune via any number of available methods, most popular being the Cobb AccessPort.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

thanks. i actually stopped by a plaace that might tune it for me. they also said that i can tune myself using accessport, but i am a noob. is tuning difficult?

ots maps with the access port are simple.. scroll through the list and load the map that applies to the mods you have. Stage II would match what you have there. Only drawback is the $5-600 for the ap.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I have 2011 wrx with 15k miles stock, same thing happen to me, was using cruise control going 80mph when check engine light came up with the cruise flashing and traction on. After pluging in OBD2 scanner i got PO457 loose/off gas cap?? did notice low rpm idle after clear code.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Seal87PL View Post
    I have 2011 wrx with 15k miles stock, same thing happen to me, was using cruise control going 80mph when check engine light came up with the cruise flashing and traction on. After pluging in OBD2 scanner i got PO457 loose/off gas cap?? did notice low rpm idle after clear code.
    This code is actually quite common.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Seal87PL View Post
    Clearing codes resets the ECU, so the low idle is to be expected while the ECU resets itself. It's the same result if you disconnect the battery for an extended period.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr8er View Post
    same thing happened to me after i did my Kartboy install but it was COMPLETELY MY FAULT. when i jacked the car up and got under it, there is a cable that goes right under the shift linkage. i disconnected it for easy access to the linkage and all the bushings. then i got busy with the rest of the install, drinking with a buddy in his garage and putting (almost) everything back together.

i left the next morning and all the same lights were on and as soon as i noticed, i knew exactly what it was and pulled right back into his garage. i plugged it back in and all the lights went away. don't know if it'll help but that's what happened to me.
    Friends don't let friends mod drunk........
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12