Breaking in 2011 wrx

This is a discussion on Breaking in 2011 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. just got my first, and new wrx!:) love it so far, no complaints. Im thinking a good break ...

Breaking in 2011 wrx

Hey guys. just got my first, and new wrx!:) love it so far, no complaints. Im thinking a good break in period ins about 3000 miles, only going up to about 4000rpms max. Has anybody herd anything different or better??? first on my list of mods is a sort throw. i'm thinking of getting the double adjustable mode. any suggestions? i posted a few pics you every one to check out. enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2867.jpg   IMG_2861.jpg   IMG_2868.jpg   IMG_2862.jpg   IMG_2863.jpg  

IMG_2864.jpg   IMG_2865.jpg   IMG_2860.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

I would follow the break in outlined in your owners manual

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shredwrx91 View Post
    Has anybody herd anything different or better???
    How would one assess whether something different is better? I can't see how there is a way of knowing without a statistically significant number of cars divided into groups, each group broken in differently, and then... well, I don't know. Do we look at motor longevity? Oil consumption? Compression after x distance? I don't know.

Given that, I'd just follow what Subaru say; they designed the motor.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

beautiful car. silver is nice, i have a silver 2010. the manual suggests to keep it under 4000 rpm for the first 1k miles, and to vary engine speeds as much as possible, as in dont use cruise control for long periods, for example. it also suggests to change the oil at 3k miles.

i would just follow what the booklet says as everyone said before me. enjoy your new car.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

hola and a congrats on the car

Grats on the car and welcome! Just follow what Subaru says in the manual, for the first 1000 miles:

1. Do not go beyond 4k RPM
    2. No fast starts or stops, except in emergencies.
    3. Vary engine speeds

I know getting to 1k miles is painful, but in my case it only took 2 weeks! Enjoy the car!
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.You want to follow break in instructions till 3k?Good luck with that,lol.But seriously just follow the manual.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    FWIW - I suffered my way through the 1000k break-in mostly staying within the book, but a few runs up toward 6000k here and there just may have happened and I think both my car and I will survive. Just don't make a habit of it. Maybe you'll do better than me at resisting the call of the boost ....
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)