First WRX 08 ADVICE please!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First WRX 08 ADVICE please! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got my satin white pearl 08 WRX last week. LOVE it. Would love any advice anyone has. To be ...

First WRX 08 ADVICE please!

Just got my satin white pearl 08 WRX last week. LOVE it. Would love any advice anyone has. To be honest I have never been much of a car nut but I'd love to change that with this new whip of mine. There is a new exhaust put on, my buddy had this car at his dealership. Not sure exactly what kind it is but he said it's a Subaru part. Other than that it's pretty stock. Which I like but any advice or comments I could get from you experts would be much appreciated! Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    It would most like be a spt part or subaru performance tuning. Other than that, not sure what your asking.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    what kind of advice are you looking for?

modding advice? maintenance advice? driving advice? etc.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Sorry for being so vague, haha. I guess more than anything i just wanted to have some good convo from some Subaru nuts so when people ask me about my car i dont look like a retart. If anyone can maybe tell me some commonly known thing about my year and model. positives/negatives. I love the look of it in comparison to some of the older ones. but other than that, dont know much.

As far as mods go, Im a Sales Rep with a career so i dont want to look like a highschool kid with a loud muffler, luckily the exhaust i have now is just a nice hum, nothing obnoxious. Some good suggestions though would be appreciated, again i dont want to make it obnoxious, kind of want to keep it somewhat professional but if i can improve the power, ride or look while still maintaining some modesty, that'd be cool.

As far as maintenance and driving advice, absolutely! I have been using premium gas, not using the AC as much as possible to conserve some gas mileage since i am on the road 10 hrs a day but any advice in either department would be great. HAve free oil changes with the dealership for a year so i plan on using that but imagine a higher performance vehicle than my 01 manual 4 cyl accord may need some more intense attention. haha. Luckily i have a buddy who works in the parts department of a Subaru dealership so he can take care of me a bit on some parts if needed, such as new floor mats which i just got from him.

I really appreciate the generosity and response from both of you! Im excited to be on this site learning all i can every day!

Welcome... the 08's had a softer suspention and toned down the agressive styling... the performance remains the same and you wont notice the softer suspention as long as your not going to the track...lol there is a link in my signature for the importance of engine management if you are considering modifying it at all and also do a search for first mods what to do and what not to do... post up some pictures of your new wrx...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

pic?

ok, working on the picture part.

Question..

Sometimes when im driving if i stay at a steady RPM my car will kind of Jerk over and over again, almost like its gasping fro breath?? I notice it most when i havnt given it enough time to warm up, but i would like to know if this is something normal or something that i need to have addressed immidiately.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.