Hello Baru brothers and sisters.

This is a discussion on Hello Baru brothers and sisters. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, my names Rick. I am a fairly new owner to an 02' wrx. Since I have baught it I ...

Hello Baru brothers and sisters.

Hi, my names Rick. I am a fairly new owner to an 02' wrx. Since I have baught it I have lost 4000 in value so I am now choosing to keep it and build it. But I have some issues... I dont know anything beyond the basics. Can anyone guide to building my 10 sec car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    what happened that you lost 4000 in value?

if you dont know anything beyond basics, start readin':
    Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

good luck & happy modding.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have $25K+? If not, then set other goals.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Oh just the millage. Ive put 10 thousand on it already since I buaght it. So natually it went down in value.

And the idea of reading is what braught me here. What better place to learn than on a website full of success and failure...

Word on the living dead EJ! And no, I dont have 25gs, but im sure I can make do.
    Last edited by Icepick907; 04-07-2011 at 11:36 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi. Sorry I deleted my previous post, oops!

Do you feel a depreciation of $0,40 per mile driven is realistic?

My signature has a link with info on parts, modifications and so on.

Assembling a car that will run a drag race in 10 seconds is expensive. Assembling one that will last more than one 10 second race is more expensive still. If you are not in a big hurry you might consider a 13 second car instead. The difference is negligible, it takes longer to read this post.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

No, I just kbb'd my car at its current status and thats what i learned. It lost to much value for me to willingly get rid of it.

Its ok about the deleted post, I didnt even notice.

And I have nothing but time. And your right, i see the exspencive endevour in the long run. And a 13 sec car is the better way to go, its already an upper 13. Right now im still learning what has already been put on the car. And im actually a truck guy but do to my loss in value I feel like modding would just be worth it. Fun and educational as well.
    Thank you for the links, I will read through them and learn what I can. That should be enough for a start and I will post with my status as I build.

Banned
    perhaps you paid to much for your car? How many years has it been since you bought it? Somehow I doubt you truly lost 4000 dollars unless it took you a couple years to put on 10,000 miles.

10 seconds is wicked fast and I am thinking the WRX isnt the best canidate but admittedly I dont know much about it. Good luck.