After 10 long years...

This is a discussion on After 10 long years... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When I first turned 16 the WRX was released in the United States. I had several friends that got them ...

After 10 long years...

When I first turned 16 the WRX was released in the United States. I had several friends that got them as their first car, I was sufficiently jealous. I was pimping a 96 Ford Taurus at the time and I knew one day I would be the proud owner of a WRX.

As a poor college student my Taurus all but exploded and I could only afford a used Impala that a family member was selling. Last week, however, that Impala pretty much bit the dust and after a recent career change I was GOING to get a WRX.

The only 2011 base model in Houston, TX was at Gillman Subaru and I raced across town to hopefully get my hands on it. Luckily, it was still on the lot when I got there and after about two hours of negotiations it was mine...

I know it has been 24 hours but I absolutely love this car, it is truly an incredible piece of engineering brilliance. I have waited almost 10 years to have my own and it was absolutely worth the wait. I have been on the forums for quite a while now and really love the community here. The only thing I am going to do to the car right now is some window tint, mods might come much further down the road.

If only I could figure out what this clutch is for...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The 11s are nice cars, Admiral, congrats.

What was your major?

The clutch just takes practice.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I was a financial economics major at Texas A&M. I spent the last 2 years doing sales but didn't like it too much and got a job in finance.

I knew how to drive a stick before purchasing the car. In fact, when looking at cars it was one of my requirements. I've got the hang of it, kind of like riding a bike...

hola and congrats on the car.

these cars are very easy to fall in love with.

Grats dude, enjoy!
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint