Newbie Mach V visit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie Mach V visit within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Made a stop over to Mach V motorsports in Virginia today. Great shop! Picked up some toys from them, a ...

Registered User Erikjenkins11876's Avatar

Newbie Mach V visit

Made a stop over to Mach V motorsports in Virginia today. Great shop! Picked up some toys from them, a set of Ralley Armor mud flaps, black with grey lettering, SPT oil cap and battery tie down, and a drop in filter. I could hear the dyno testing going on in the garage, made me a little power hungry. I also got to check out some endlinks by different companies, I really liked the Whiteline stuff it seemed to be well engineered. All in all it was an awesome trip! Anybody else been there?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I highly recommend that you stay away from Mach V.

Bad exprience? I just bought a couple accessories from them, so they really can't screw that up lol. I'd really really have to research a company before I'd let them touch my car though. So with that said, explain why they made your bad vendor list.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    They are ok as long as you don't actually have to deal with them (meaning online). I previously had a radiator repaired there and they were generous enough to mix blue Subaru Long Life with orange Dexcool and then deny it even though my new coolant was a nice shade of brown with white clumps in it. Another time I was feeling lazy and didn't want to change out a wheel stud I'd broken so called to see how much it would be and they told me that the hub had to be replaced when you break one () and for that they wanted $400 just for labor (). Mind you this stud is a $4 part that takes maybe 45 minutes to do in a driveway. I forget the younger guy at the counter's name but he is quick to cut people down, even when they know more than him. Most people I know aren't fond of the owner either. I live 5 minutes from Mach V and instead choose to drive 45 min each way to Andrewtech.
    Last edited by brfatal; 04-05-2011 at 09:42 AM.

I've ordered some things from them online, but never had to deal with them in person. I haven't had any issues yet, but no knowing that they don't provide very good customer service, I may start looking elsewhere
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Wow, they didn't know how to do a wheel stud, yeah no thanks. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, havent dealt with them, and was interested in their springs. Rumor has it that their springs are prodrive knock offs. Also, seems like they encourage MBC and CAI on stock tunes. Not good advice in my opinion, the experienced people here provide excellent advice and saved me alot of hassle and money.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Their springs are Prodrive copies.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.