Purchasing a 2011 Wrx questions???

This is a discussion on Purchasing a 2011 Wrx questions??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I am new here as you can see and had a few questions about purchasing my first wrx. ...

Purchasing a 2011 Wrx questions???

Hey guys I am new here as you can see and had a few questions about purchasing my first wrx. I was at the dealer the other day talking a few numbers through with them and I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what they told me. I was asking them about the 2011 sedan premium, and they gave me for 63 months with 3000 down at 2.9% 499$ a month, and 72month with 3000 down at 3.9% 459$ month. We never got to serious into talking and deal so i was wondering if these are decent or would i be able to get him down lower then that? Any advice would be great thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your first problem is you're negotiating based on monthly payments. You need to post what they want for the car purchase price.

Negotiating based on monthly payments is the oldest dealer trick in the book.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

This is very true. He didn't get into details about anything and i did not really haggle him much so when i go back i will find that out.

About how much should i be looking to pay, and what might be a good incentive to get them to come down on the price?

I Support ClubWRX
    The finance rates you mentioned are the rates provided by Subaru finance through Chase bank.So there isn't much you can do with the interest rates.Read car buying tips at 10 Steps to Buying a New Car — Edmunds.com.After you find out what options are being offered with the car(you can find these on the sticker or ask the dealer) you can find the MSRP here 2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX Premium Price With Options
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The finance rates you mentioned are the rates provided by Subaru finance through Chase bank.So there isn't much you can do with the interest rates.Read car buying tips at 10 Steps to Buying a New Car — Edmunds.com.After you find out what options are being offered with the car(you can find these on the sticker or ask the dealer) you can find the MSRP here 2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX Premium Price With Options
    +1 to all that.

It all comes down to classic negotiating skills. Make sure they make the first offer without you mentioning any price. Then make them make the 2nd and 3rd offers. I buy cars more often than most people buy shoes and I never mention a price period. When I bought my STI a few months ago, no dollar figure ever left my mouth except to say what they offered it for was too much and what else could they do? A good price for a car is 4% over invoice or less. But then you have holdbacks and all sorts of other little things that can get them more money. Dealer documentation/title fees are another big area they've really been pushing more and more ever since the internet and sites like edmunds started educating the common buyer on what the dealer paid. Every major dealer these days has a DMV office in-house so it costs them practically nothing to issue your plates/registration/title. Most of them charge hundreds of dollars to do it, and it's a 5 minute process for them at just the cost of what the state charges. So always keep in mind how much they're making on that line item. Dealer prep is another one. There's no dealer prep that costs them anything other than paying for the electricity and water to wash and vacuum it and pay the wages for the guy that does it. But they're paying him anyway. All of those things are profit to them.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I just bought an 2011 STI a few weeks ago and Subaru was running a 1.9% interest incentive on the loan. If that is still available i would say you need to ask for that because lower interest will always save money. They also included a 36 month service plan which includes things like oil changes the 10,000 mile service and the 30,000 mile service. The oil change part is nice because for the STI its full synthetic every 3,700 miles.

Happy hunting - I hope you get exactly the car you are looking for.

If your credit is above 700 all around then you will be looking at about $500 - $600 a month and thats with no money down. If you are trading in your car depending on how much you owe your credit score might drop a bit then that will increase your monthly rate as well. The estimate rate you got is actually pretty good. And you cant really get good deals with these cars. Also with japan in trouble from tsunami you should get it asap. I recommend you check out prices from penfed.com
    2011 WRX HATCHBACK SSM

There are a lot of variables to a car deal - just go with your gut and common sense. If you can afford the payment and you are at peace with the deal and the deal seems to be reasonable...go for it. If not, then stick with what you have and look at Subarus again some other day.

Just go to truecar.com and price out your car. It will show you the dealers in your area who are offering the best price. I got mine at 400 below invoice using this service, no negotiating involved.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    FIC 1100cc Injectors, DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump, PTP Turbo Blanket
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

+1 to all of the above. All great advice. Few things I have learned -

I just bought a 2011 WRX with 200 miles on it. paid almost 1500 less what they were asking and got 1.9%. Also i never knew this, but buy at the end of the month. if you can wait a few weeks. go in on the last day of the month. Salesman are pushing quotas hard. Well I should say, this was the case at the dealer where I purchased mine!

Go in with all of your numbers and facts straight. And educate yourself on the car. I knew more about the car than the salesman. And he respected that and didn't really try to sell me on it. I am telling you if you can hold off and go at the end of the month they wont let you walk out the door without giving you want you want!

I bought my first WRX yesterday actually and was offered 3.9 for 60 mo. through Subaru financing originally. You definitely want to get them to give you the total price you will be paying for the car, they tried to do the same thing with me. You do, however, need to be somewhat concerned with your monthly payments. It just has to be within your monthly budget and what you are comfortable spending.

My advice is to be as firm as possible, they are going to sell you that car no matter what. There were three different times yesterday when they said we absolutely can't go any lower. I said fine, thank you for your time and started to walk out. Every single time they said well, we will see what else we can do. Eventually they got my financing down to 2.9 percent on a 60 month loan through Subaru. I put 7500 down (on my base model) and was able to get 340 a month OTD.

Figure out what you want to pay and offer it to them, tell them to take it or leave it. They most likely will take it if it is reasonable.

Wow didn't realize i would actually get this much help on here. Great to know i have somewhere to come with questions when i have them! Thanks everyone for your help and as soon as I make a deal and pick up my new wrx ill be sure to post pics! Thanks again