New WRX owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey from Lynchburg, Va. today just bought a slightly used(200K miles) 2011 WRX. had some mods done to it already ...

New WRX owner

hey from Lynchburg, Va. today just bought a slightly used(200K miles) 2011 WRX. had some mods done to it already but interested in getting into the mods quickly!

I currently also own a 300 SRT8 that I love but may or may not get rid of. I am so impressed with the way the WRX drives!

Its black, with the gunmetal wheels. The only thing i dont like about it is it has at true carbon fiber JSP (i think) Performance wing on the back. its way bigger than i want on the car. Need to find other options for it!

Anyways, hey!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations & welcome.How many miles was that again?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

lol woops. 200 not 200K

Why does a car with only 200 miles have mods to it already? Why is it being sold?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

owner bought it brand new, retired as "fun" car. his wife died 2 months later. that is the back story. the mods are moderate, perf exhaust and suspension. and like i said a CF wing on the back. I would LOVE to replace that guy with something a little more inconspicuous.

regardless, being an SRT owner i am coming from a car that is very mod friendly. what i dont want to do is jump into anything. i want to really get to understand this one. know how the turbo works, see how she really is designed before i change anything, if anything at all. ill do little things here and there appearance wise for sure.

the 300 is NA so a turbo concept is new to me. i put a lot of energy, research and love into my 300. bigger heads, blower cam, cat back, and a very car specific tune to get me to 500hp at the wheels. even so i drove that WRX off the lot today with a HUGE smile on my face!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice I had an SRT Magnum for awhile, welcome aboard, research, read, have fun

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Welcome.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Few pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301745808.984858.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301745883.653305.jpg  
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    oh wow. yeah that spoiler needs to be removed.. as soon as humanly possible.

you said the previous owner did an exhaust & suspension. more details? catback exhaust? turboback exhaust? springs? coilovers? sway bars? etc

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome to the club, and yes ditch that wing!

Hahaha it s hideous!!!! I'm bummed that I'll have to fill the holes. Any other options?

It's the Subaru performance catback. Forgive me I don't know the exact name. Still learning the ropes. It has the STi suspension and sways. It seems when he sat down and had the car built he hand picked things out of the Subaru catalog which is odd. I know for my SRT 3rd party was the way to go.

I will say, day 2, just took her back on windy road... What a blast! The low note on the exhaust is perfect as well.

Sans whale tail... Much nicer. I don't mint it except it so damn high!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301764273.364216.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301764301.561912.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301764336.708745.jpg  

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    phew! much better. honestly for now, plug up the holes the best you can [do a quick search around the internet for solutions that are inexpensive] until you can get a body shop to fill it in for you professionally.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks! Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    owner bought it brand new, retired as "fun" car. his wife died 2 months later. that is the back story. the mods are moderate, perf exhaust and suspension. and like i said a CF wing on the back. I would LOVE to replace that guy with something a little more inconspicuous.
    Ok, it's really weird to find a used car with 200 miles on it and it immediately raises red flags for me, but that story makes sense.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast