From Red to Blue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on From Red to Blue within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; From Mustangforum to ClubWRX New to site but I had my wrx for about a year now. Sold my 05 ...

From Red to Blue

From Mustangforum to ClubWRX

New to site but I had my wrx for about a year now. Sold my 05 Mustang GT and bought an 09 wrx hatch premium. My mustang has been great never, I mean never broke down on me up to the day it got sold at 34,000 miles, driving it for 6 years. Only few minor upgrades like the cold air intake and Magnaflow exhaust. Just needed to let go for bigger room and living in snowy area itís hard to live by on the winters.

Just one (stupid, not a biggie) thing Iíve noticed, like on the road, (most) fellow Mustang drivers would wave or thumbs-up whenever they saw one. Not a biggie, heck I donít want a stranger would wave at me for some reason. Wrx drivers donít, maybe just in my area.

Hope the wrx will treat me as well. So far so good. Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx.jpg   4299930178_891a7a5712_z.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Grats. Love the blue!

I get head nods all the time from other WRX owners, new and old...its actually pretty amazing. The camaraderie is great. Unlike how it was when I had leased a 335i BMW. Everyone single BMW driver I nodded to, looked at me with confusion or anger...it was weird.

Anyway welcome!

haha..yeah and I think every place or state there is a Mustang club who make road trips every summer, which I don't physically and aged-wise fit. a lot of female older mustang drivers too. sucks!

Hola.

And from what I've experienced, most other wrx/sti drivers will nod, wave, or honk if they notice me. I do the same to them.

I try to wave to fellow Subbies too

Welcome! Same here, I'll throw a wave or honk the horn, and it's usually reciprocated.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

yeah, I get more waves in my WRX then any other car/truck I've had. Though when I had my Tacoma, lots of people were pretty friendly too. welcome, and enjoy the car!
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I have gotten more waves in the Corvette than any other car, but we will see when I get my WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Welcome! Same here, I'll throw a wave or honk the horn, and it's usually reciprocated.
    I tend to get the high beam flash and waves a lot. It's new to me and I like it. Whenever I see another one on the road and they wave, I wave back and turn to my passenger and say "yea he knows what's up".

Love how enthusiasts relish the comraderie and wave to each other. Never got many waves in the M3. More like cold glares to express their dissatisfaction at not being the only person in the world with that particular car.
    First month of Subaru ownership and mostly get waves from previous generation WRX but I've actually yet to see another 2011 WRX on the road in my area.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Arki Boy View Post
    Just one (stupid, not a biggie) thing Iíve noticed, like on the road, (most) fellow Mustang drivers would wave or thumbs-up whenever they saw one. Not a biggie, heck I donít want a stranger would wave at me for some reason. Wrx drivers donít, maybe just in my area.
    I figured it would be the other way around...

Around here, most mustangs are driven by people who don't know (or care) about cars. Every other car is a mustang, and I've seen NO ONE wave at one another. WRX/STi... it really depends... most (around here) are modified, and give a thumbs-up or a wave when they see another WRX/STi/RS. I guess it depends on the area.

BTW, welcome!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Welcome to the site!!

I agree with Zax lol. I have like 4ppl a day waving/honking/ect to me to show Subie love. My friend who has a 92 stang was just talking to me about how every time he waves or whatever at another mustang owner they just glare at him or something, or try to race. He was kind of annoyed by that. You'd think a car with such a following as the Mustang most people would greet other owners warmly.

I enjoy the Subaru love that I get from other people. My girlfriend was in the car with me one day and through our travels I had like 3/4 wrx owners pass and wave/flash me. She's like wth you guys in some type of cool club or something. I was like they just know what's up. She's like well I'm going to start waving at all the other Vue drivers I see
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Welcome to the site!!
    I enjoy the Subaru love that I get from other people. My girlfriend was in the car with me one day and through our travels I had like 3/4 wrx owners pass and wave/flash me. She's like wth you guys in some type of cool club or something. I was like they just know what's up. She's like well I'm going to start waving at all the other Vue drivers I see
    Same thing happened to me. My girlfriend said she'd try it with other Merc Cougar drivers..lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.