Previous Nissan 350z owner. Now a Scoobie owner. 2011 WRX. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

This is a discussion on Previous Nissan 350z owner. Now a Scoobie owner. 2011 WRX. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks!...

  1. #16
    Registered User midtx350z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Midland, Texas, United States
    Posts
    4
    Thanks!
    [2011 Subaru Impreza WRX] | [Canon 500D] | [Apple iPhone 4 Verizon] | [1.0 Red Tail Boa] | [0.1 Royal Python] | [MMA]
    [IT Professional] [Web Design] [Print Services] | [Photography]
    www.TxRoyalSolutions.com | www.TxRoyalPhotography.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User msedbaue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    De Pere, WI
    Posts
    374
    How do the two compare? Power/quickness/driving enjoyment??
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

  4. #18
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,643
    Yep Mikie's here!

    Welcome man...I too had a stint in the 350z world for a year or so a little while back. I had a 2007 STI Limited for about 2 and a half years and then I wanted to get into something else for a bit. I found a low mileage 350z Touring 6spd, black with the burnt orange leather interior and loved it.

    The power delivery was incredibly different. It was so smooth and linear, you hit the gas and look down and the next thing you know, you're doing 90 on highway! It didn't necessarily feel power, even though it was.

    However, living in Philly...I could not handle not having the AWD of my Subaru. After a year of owning the 350z, I decided I had enough and really wanted back into boost and AWD. And now I've had my second STI for a year and I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon.

    Stick around here...this certainly is the best forum I've been involved with (no offense, but most people were asshats over at my350z.com...they treated people a lot like Nasioc does in the Subaru world). Over here, its more of a mess of camaraderie with a lot of good technical knowledge mixed in. You don't get everyone putting you down for a noob question ever 3 seconds. So, welcome, and enjoy your Subaru!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  5. #19
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yep Mikie's here!

    Welcome man...I too had a stint in the 350z world for a year or so a little while back. I had a 2007 STI Limited for about 2 and a half years and then I wanted to get into something else for a bit. I found a low mileage 350z Touring 6spd, black with the burnt orange leather interior and loved it.

    The power delivery was incredibly different. It was so smooth and linear, you hit the gas and look down and the next thing you know, you're doing 90 on highway! It didn't necessarily feel power, even though it was.

    However, living in Philly...I could not handle not having the AWD of my Subaru. After a year of owning the 350z, I decided I had enough and really wanted back into boost and AWD. And now I've had my second STI for a year and I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon.

    Stick around here...this certainly is the best forum I've been involved with (no offense, but most people were asshats over at my350z.com...they treated people a lot like Nasioc does in the Subaru world). Over here, its more of a mess of camaraderie with a lot of good technical knowledge mixed in. You don't get everyone putting you down for a noob question ever 3 seconds. So, welcome, and enjoy your Subaru!
    Shut up Mikie.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  6. #20
    zax
    zax is offline
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,678
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Shut up Mikie.


    The asshattery has arrived
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  7. #21
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Image fail!

    Oooooh Mikie, you sneaky!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  8. #22
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Shut up Mikie.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  9. #23
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Hugs n ****.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  10. #24
    zax
    zax is offline
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,678
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Hugs n ****.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  11. #25
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Image fail!

    Oooooh Mikie, you sneaky!
    I hate you.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  12. #26
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I hate you.
    Would some low make you feel better?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  13. #27
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Would some low make you feel better?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, Ne
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by midtx350z View Post
    Thanks br0s!

    I do miss the "looks" of my Z. It pulled girls like crazy.

    Now girls thing I drive a Neon, a Civic, etc. :-/ Or they ask what a WRX is.
    Agreed. People would turn their heads on the Z a lot more for me. I miss that. . .

  15. #29
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,638
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^ depends on what color you have. head turners = lightning red & world rally blue :]

    welcome to the club. hope you enjoy her!

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  16. #30
    Registered User midtx350z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Midland, Texas, United States
    Posts
    4
    :O She's a he!
    [2011 Subaru Impreza WRX] | [Canon 500D] | [Apple iPhone 4 Verizon] | [1.0 Red Tail Boa] | [0.1 Royal Python] | [MMA]
    [IT Professional] [Web Design] [Print Services] | [Photography]
    www.TxRoyalSolutions.com | www.TxRoyalPhotography.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •