WRX or STI? - Page 2

View Poll Results: which year and model?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • save up 20k for 2006 sti

10 52.63%
  • save up 19k for 2009 wrx

9 47.37%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX or STI? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran Cobb stage 2 without a problem, I don't really launch the car but I do enjoy driving the ...

I ran Cobb stage 2 without a problem, I don't really launch the car but I do enjoy driving the car hard on occasion. My current setup is a 16g, sti tmic, walbro, gm ebcs, catless dp, sti cbe which dynoed at 257hp/290tq on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. I really like the power and have not had a problem with the transmission. I personally feel stage 2 is not a problem for the transmission unless you launch or slam the gears around. I bought an accessport right when I got my Wrx, stage 1 did not really make much of a power difference on my car but I enjoyed all the features on the accessport. The only thing I really regret about the accessport is paying $595 for a new one, I later found out used ones could be had for around $400. I don't really want any aftermarket gauges on my car which makes the accessport great to monitor boost, afr, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Personaly i would choose the Wrx not just cause i have one.. less shifting of gears for 0-60mph with the 5 speed gear ratio which equalls faster time and really used Wrxs are bagged well most of them sure everyone loves babyin there car but who doesnt love stompin on the gas and getting put back in your seat iv seen guys get a stage 2 on there wrx and honestly smoke Stis but i like the Sti spoiler on the sedan... (Very sexxyyy) but thats just me and my opinion. ohh and by the way you are totally right 08 wrxs = Garbage

Eh, brief $0.02. I would go with the 09' WRX, fewer miles, probably more reliable, still 265 HP peak out of the box, only 19k, not bad at all. Not sure about insurance, newer vehicle might be the same as the older STi.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

look into a bugeye or something cheaper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.