Short Throw Shifter? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Short Throw Shifter? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was thinking the same thing.How will you screw the knob back on?...

I Support ClubWRX
    I was thinking the same thing.How will you screw the knob back on?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just get a thread cutter... they are super cheap.. they kind of look like a large bolt but it has holes in the center that you can "screw" metal into it and it grinds threads into it
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Please dont just cut your stock shifter. It isnt going to help anything. The kartboy shifter as well as some of the others are bent to allow for much less of a drop in shifter height while still giving you a shorter throw. Cutting your stock shifter is just going to make it harder to reach, look stupid and do very little for shifting feel.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    The geometry(shape) of the stock shifter & short shifter are different.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by oberman562 View Post
    Anyone have the cobb short throw shifter installed? likes or dislikes? better options?
    i rock an 07 wrx wagon thanks in advance
    I have one...it works.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    The bushings just help get rid of the sloppiness and make the shifting more firm with more positive feedback. Cutting it will lower your shifter but not change the distance the shifter must travel to engage a gear. Basic geometry says (i think?) It would probably help a little but nowhere near the feel and reduce in travel as a kartboy, cobb, sti etc. Plus then you have to cut it, rethread it, hope you dont mess up and you still just have a stock shifter that is now harder to reach.
    I didnt see this the first time

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Please dont just cut your stock shifter. It isnt going to help anything. The kartboy shifter as well as some of the others are bent to allow for much less of a drop in shifter height while still giving you a shorter throw. Cutting your stock shifter is just going to make it harder to reach, look stupid and do very little for shifting feel.
    This is what i wanted to know.. so thanks guys =)
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.