rebuilt wrx needs help

This is a discussion on rebuilt wrx needs help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, newb here. Purchased my first Subaru, an 03 Imprezza turbo, about 5 months ago and abo****ly love it. ...

rebuilt wrx needs help

Hey guys, newb here. Purchased my first Subaru, an 03 Imprezza turbo, about 5 months ago and abo****ly love it. Although it is a rebuilt vehicle and does have some issues. Radiator support has been repaired which leads me to believe vehicle took a hit to the nose. Vehicle tracks fine and handles even better. The clutch/drivetrain feels like it needs some attention. Extreme clutch slippage/judder occurs while vehicle is cold and tends to calm down once warm. Drivetrain seems to have a slight whine mainly during accelleration but also during deaccelleration while driving around town. Next is the wiring! All the lights work (highbeams, turn signals, ect.) but the headlight switch seems to act strange. When switched to parking lights (first switch) the headlights are on but slightly dull. When switched to the lowbeams its like the high beams are on. Turn the highbeams on and even brighter! Tried to check the fuses under the hood to see if it was generating heat or anything, pulled the head lamp fuse and lights stay on! My guess is it was mickeymoused when the car was stuffed in the nose? Thanks for reading about my haunted buyeye any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome... was it fixed professionally by a body shop? If its been repaired then small details like the radiator supports should've been replaced as well as anyother weird issues it might have...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257