New to me 08 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to me 08 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As the title states I just purchased an 08 WRX. My questions are...1.the door pulls on the inside of the ...

New to me 08 WRX

As the title states I just purchased an 08 WRX. My questions are...1.the door pulls on the inside of the door are scratched(where you pull the for shut). I was wondering if there was a fix for this? My guess would be to paint it or get new ones but am not sure where to buy or how to paint. 2. Also the mpg reading on the dash stays on even when it reads the odo. On our 2010 forester this goes away when reading the total miles and come on when you press trip. Is this normal or is there something I should do to make it not show current mpg while displaying total miles. Thank you in advance for any comments and suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its pretty difficult to paint textured plastic and make it look good, but you could give it a try. buying a used car means dealing with minor interior wear and tear. my parts guide doesnt show that they are avail seperately, so if you want new ones, you would have to buy the entire interior trim panel. as far as the gas milage, my 2010 only shows the mpg when i am in trip "a" or "b", but not when in total miles. i dont think there is any way to change the setting to show mpg under total miles, it just goes blank.

congrats on the purchase!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Unfortunately there is no way get the MPG to read with the odometer. I have tried myself.
    Stink-Eye Mob #84

Apparently I have not explained my self. the MPG reading on the WRX is on when the odometer is showing. was wanting to know how to make it not read. guess i just have a super special car. sorry for the confusion

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.