New Member but not new to Subarus

This is a discussion on New Member but not new to Subarus within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to introduce myself as I just signed up. My wife and I have been living in Chicago and ...

New Member but not new to Subarus

Just wanted to introduce myself as I just signed up. My wife and I have been living in Chicago and haven't needed a car for the past few years since we've been using CTA. However we are getting ready to move to the east coast and decided its time to purchase something. We both wanted something fun, AWD, manual trans, reliable and a good value. We were very close to buying a CPO 328xi but we just couldn't find one we liked in a manual. Plus the long term maintenance costs scared us a bit. Especially since we plan to keep this car long term.

Now I use to own a 2007 STI Limited that I bought brand new and LOVED it, but sold it pretty quickly due to living in Chicago and not needing it. My wife has never thought about Subarus or considered them seriously despite me telling her how much fun they are to drive. I would always point out STI's to her and she would just roll her eyes.

Since this car would be primarily hers, the ultimate decision would be hers. She has owned 350z's, MR Spyder and most recently an Audi A4. We were literally on the way to test drive a 328 when we see a 2011 WRX pull out and she says.."oh thats a cool looking car". I jump out of my seat when I tell her thats a Subaru!! I ask her once again if she would just test drive it....for me. Well...the rest if history. We ordered a 2011 5 door hatch in WR blue last week. I'm very happy for her and honestly a bit jealous too,,since for the time being my car will be a 97 Civic with 240k miles.

We are still unsure how long it will take to get the car with everything going on in Japan, but I'm already planning out which mods she "needs" to get.

I'll be here on this site often looking for ideas and inspiration, but I wanted to stop by and say hello.

Oh and here is my 2007 STI that I miss dearly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and good luck with the move.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee

Blobeye Syndicate Member #72

hola

Does anyone know what I can do with the VON # that we were given? Can I track the car or get an estimated delivery date with this #?

Grats! She's gonna love it. I wish my wife knew how to drive a manual.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    FIC 1100cc Injectors, DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump, PTP Turbo Blanket
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I wish my wife would just drive a wrx she loves how mine puts her back into her seat but she said its to fast so now she wants a suv
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68