From Dirt to the Street

This is a discussion on From Dirt to the Street within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am transitioning from the off-road world to the street and wanted show the new ride. My old truck was ...

From Dirt to the Street

I am transitioning from the off-road world to the street and wanted show the new ride.

My old truck was a 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with all the go fast pre-runner stuff. It will skip across the desert at 60mph.

I sold the truck last week and picked up this 2011 Subaru STI Limited sedan.

This is my first car I have ever owned and I love it. I have followed Subaru's evolution thru the pages of Motortrend/Car and Driver/Circle Track and other mags since I got my license at 16. I have realized that all the hype is justified. This car is amazingly fast and handles like a dream.

I bought the car with 99 miles on it from Subaru Superstore in Chandler, AZ right after I delivered my truck to its new owner. Here are some showroom pics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Both great vehicles! I love the Toyota Tacoma; I was in the market between the Tacoma and my wagon when I bought my Subaru many years ago. Although I love my bugeye, I do have a longing for those Tacomas with the TRD package...

The pics don't seem to show

EDIT: NVM I can see them now!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Dude, that truck is so bad-ass, I love it!

Congrats on the STi and welcome to the forum.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    congratulations,and welcome
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i sold a 2005 toyota tacoma 4x4, TRD access cab with the 6spd manual, k&n filter charger intake and full 4 inch flowmaster exhast a few years back, and then i didnt have a car for a while, until i bought my 2010 wrx hatch. while it wasnt as big and nasty as your truck, i really loved it.

this is also the first car i have ever owned, and i cant say that i miss the truck, except i know have to really watch for anything in the road that i used to just ignore and run over with my truck, IE animals, boxes, pre-2000 honda hatchbacks, etc

enjoy it...but these cars are waaaay faster than any truck, keep that in mind.
    Last edited by dbya rx; 03-21-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Should have kept the truck, that think is gnarly!

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    your STI looks just like mine.. I love mine as well. The Limited is the only way to go - I wasn't going to pay this much for a car and not have leather.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I think I'd would much rather have the alcantara much more than full leather. Full leather would make it feel to much like a Audi or Benz. Alcantara gives it that race car feel!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I have a lot of reading to do to truly have a knowledge base on these Subarus. My plans are a few simple bolt-ons but no major mods. Thats why I chose the STI so that I wouldnt have to mod it so much to be fast.

I miss the truck but my next truck build will be a full race build and less of a daily driver compromise build. My 2006 Tacoma weighed in at a skinny 5300lbs. She was a fat pig and not the greatest platform for a serious pre-runner.

SICK TRUCK! congrats on your new sti.

Wow, that Taco is awesome but the black sti limited is one sick machine!!
    I traded my 05 Frontier for the wrx and I will admit it was a tough transition. Seems like most people with these cars come from a car background so it's no big deal. My first problem with the wrx was parking it without smashing the front bumper on a curb.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

LOVE YOUR TRUCK!! big fan of Tacoma's. i came from an 06' as well and wanted to go in a similar direction as yours when my warranty was up and she was paid off. mine had nothing on yours but man, i loved it! it's pretty easy to move on though after driving the Subaru. welcome to the forums!!
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike