From Dirt to the Street
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on From Dirt to the Street within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am transitioning from the off-road world to the street and wanted show the new ride. My old truck was ...

From Dirt to the Street

I am transitioning from the off-road world to the street and wanted show the new ride.

My old truck was a 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with all the go fast pre-runner stuff. It will skip across the desert at 60mph.

I sold the truck last week and picked up this 2011 Subaru STI Limited sedan.

This is my first car I have ever owned and I love it. I have followed Subaru's evolution thru the pages of Motortrend/Car and Driver/Circle Track and other mags since I got my license at 16. I have realized that all the hype is justified. This car is amazingly fast and handles like a dream.

I bought the car with 99 miles on it from Subaru Superstore in Chandler, AZ right after I delivered my truck to its new owner. Here are some showroom pics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Both great vehicles! I love the Toyota Tacoma; I was in the market between the Tacoma and my wagon when I bought my Subaru many years ago. Although I love my bugeye, I do have a longing for those Tacomas with the TRD package...

The pics don't seem to show

EDIT: NVM I can see them now!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Dude, that truck is so bad-ass, I love it!

Congrats on the STi and welcome to the forum.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    congratulations,and welcome
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i sold a 2005 toyota tacoma 4x4, TRD access cab with the 6spd manual, k&n filter charger intake and full 4 inch flowmaster exhast a few years back, and then i didnt have a car for a while, until i bought my 2010 wrx hatch. while it wasnt as big and nasty as your truck, i really loved it.

this is also the first car i have ever owned, and i cant say that i miss the truck, except i know have to really watch for anything in the road that i used to just ignore and run over with my truck, IE animals, boxes, pre-2000 honda hatchbacks, etc

enjoy it...but these cars are waaaay faster than any truck, keep that in mind.
    Last edited by dbya rx; 03-21-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Should have kept the truck, that think is gnarly!

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    your STI looks just like mine.. I love mine as well. The Limited is the only way to go - I wasn't going to pay this much for a car and not have leather.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I think I'd would much rather have the alcantara much more than full leather. Full leather would make it feel to much like a Audi or Benz. Alcantara gives it that race car feel!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I have a lot of reading to do to truly have a knowledge base on these Subarus. My plans are a few simple bolt-ons but no major mods. Thats why I chose the STI so that I wouldnt have to mod it so much to be fast.

I miss the truck but my next truck build will be a full race build and less of a daily driver compromise build. My 2006 Tacoma weighed in at a skinny 5300lbs. She was a fat pig and not the greatest platform for a serious pre-runner.

SICK TRUCK! congrats on your new sti.

Wow, that Taco is awesome but the black sti limited is one sick machine!!
    I traded my 05 Frontier for the wrx and I will admit it was a tough transition. Seems like most people with these cars come from a car background so it's no big deal. My first problem with the wrx was parking it without smashing the front bumper on a curb.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

LOVE YOUR TRUCK!! big fan of Tacoma's. i came from an 06' as well and wanted to go in a similar direction as yours when my warranty was up and she was paid off. mine had nothing on yours but man, i loved it! it's pretty easy to move on though after driving the Subaru. welcome to the forums!!
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.