2006-2007 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2006-2007 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Search for the "so you want to buy a used wrx" thread (can't recall exactly what it's called). There are ...

Search for the "so you want to buy a used wrx" thread (can't recall exactly what it's called).

There are lots of tell tale signs about which cars to avoid like the plague; it's often easier, and far more thorough, to have the car inspected by a pro. If it passes all the basic inspection process then I'd pony up for a compression/leak down test, a couple of hundred dollar expense that can save you thousands.

Don't fall in love with a car right away and buy it without knowing everything about it. Things can get expensive if you end up buying someone else's headache.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    "Just a WRX"??? Pbbbbtttthhhhh.

WRXs that spank STIs and EVOs on the track aren't "Just a WRX" are they?

Differences between 06-07 WRXs:

TR model - has 2-piece seats, straight rocker panels, black mirrors, cheap stereo
    Standard model - 1-piece seats, contoured rockers, painted mirrors, double din stereo w/ cd changer

^^^^ Mechanically, they are the same.

2006 - "Gunmetal-ish" colored headlights and taillights
    2007 - Chrome headlights and taillights

2006 - Aluminum control arms
    2007 - Steel control arms (although I've heard a few came w/ aluminum leftovers from previous year)
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I recently bought a 2007 Impreza for about $16000 with only 15k miles on it, but that's in jersey. I think i was lucky to find this one, but I'm sure there are ones out there for you. Even if it has more miles you cant go wrong with a subaru. I don't have any problems with mine at all (no accidents). But the only thing is that it doesn't have any mods and its automatic. If you buy a newer model, you may still have a warranty, like mine, and that means no mods for a while. If the car already has mods, it would cause problems anyways. My insurance really sucks even with the good grade discounts and patron rates. It almost doubled from my last car's insurance. Good luck with your search!!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nadine07 View Post
    I recently bought a 2007 Impreza for about $16000 with only 15k miles on it, but that's in jersey. I think i was lucky to find this one, but I'm sure there are ones out there for you. Even if it has more miles you cant go wrong with a subaru. I don't have any problems with mine at all (no accidents). But the only thing is that it doesn't have any mods and its automatic. If you buy a newer model, you may still have a warranty, like mine, and that means no mods for a while. If the car already has mods, it would cause problems anyways. My insurance really sucks even with the good grade discounts and patron rates. It almost doubled from my last car's insurance. Good luck with your search!!
    I think that WRXs usually have higher resale values than base Imprezas. It would be damn-near impossible to find a 2007 WRX w/ 15,000 miles for $16,000... and if I did find one, I wouldn't buy...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I think that WRXs usually have higher resale values than base Imprezas. It would be damn-near impossible to find a 2007 WRX w/ 15,000 miles for $16,000... and if I did find one, I wouldn't buy...
    Any base model would sell for less than the upgraded versions of any cars. I think that if there wasn't anything wrong a WRX like that I'd buy it. I've seen some pretty sketchy WRXs when I was looking to buy that had less miles and were selling for less. That's why I got a base model. I didn't want to risk that much money!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.