New STI Ordered

This is a discussion on New STI Ordered within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I am new to the forum and ordered a 2011 STI Hatchback last Thursday. My timing is sure off ...

New STI Ordered

Hi,
    I am new to the forum and ordered a 2011 STI Hatchback last Thursday. My timing is sure off with the Tragedy in Japan. I understand the Subaru factories will re-open Thursday. I think I will be waiting for some time to get the vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I thought they built Subarus here in the US?
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    AEM Intake, PW TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    Grimmspeed Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

You will likely see some delay, yes. I suppose that's better than getting hit with a tsunami, though

congrats on the order and welcome to the forum
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    I thought they built Subarus here in the US?
    Yes the do. They build Outbacks, Legacy's, Imprezas, and Tribecas here in the United States. WRX's and STi's are imported from Japan. If you look at your dealer sticker it should say 100% Japanese parts and assembled in Japan.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

You're absolutely right, awesome... Here I was thinking my car was built by lazy white folk like me.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    AEM Intake, PW TMIC, Turbosmart Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    Grimmspeed Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    Yes the do. They build Outbacks, Legacy's, Imprezas, and Tribecas here in the United States. WRX's and STi's are imported from Japan. If you look at your dealer sticker it should say 100% Japanese parts and assembled in Japan.
    I thought all Impreza's were built in Japan?

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer Ginnala View Post
    I thought all Impreza's were built in Japan?
    From what I understand only STi's and WRX's are assembled in Japan. The rest also uses 100% Japanese parts, but are assembled here in the USA. I could be wrong though.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm curious if the Tsunami / Quake will affect WRXs and STis availability in the dealerships.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!