Went from BMW to Subaru - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Went from BMW to Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No, want to replace them with LEDs, I have some leftovers from my BMW lol....

No, want to replace them with LEDs, I have some leftovers from my BMW lol.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Only interesting thing I really found was how to change out the license plate bulbs lol. It was driving me crazy yesterday trying to replace them.
    Yeah,I couldn't figure out that as well at first.I tried to remove it with my hands,but didn't work,so I used a plastic trim tool(you can also use a flat head wrapped in cloth to protect the paint) and wedged it under the light housing(under the black trim,not under the plastic bulb housing!),it comes off with a loud snap.Then hold onto the bulb and twist the housing off.

I haven't read anything about unidirectional tires,but my snow tires are unidirectional.Should read up about that.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I was all up in there with a screwdriver (that's what she said!!) and I felt like I was going to break it.

Come to find out (if you were looking directly at it) all you have to do is push on the right side of it (pushing towards the left) then pop it right out....

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

you're paying for comfort and luxury on bmw's, wrx's are for performance.

Lol if you think BMW isn't performance oriented, you're not familiar with the brand at all.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Lol if you think BMW isn't performance oriented, you're not familiar with the brand at all.
    :drools: 335xi coupe...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Up until the ///M division got taken over 2 or 3 years ago, BMW was all about their racing heritage and their cars showed it.

If you're looking at the lowest model 3er then yea, that is just a cheap entry level car, but when you get into the higher models like the 330/335 and any M cars, you can easily see the performance inspiration that they made. I mean BMW is not like Buick or Lexus trying to be a big luxury auto manufacturer with 1-2 "fast" cars (excluding lexus' recent LF chassis), BMW is race bred their heritage is all about racing and motorsports has always been a huge part of the brand.

Just how an STi is a "consumers version" of Subaru's rally cars, the M3 is that for BMW.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

i'm not saying bmw's are not performance oriented cars, sure they are...plus with the extra comfort and tech and other ammenities that you're paying for.
    i may not be familiar with the brand but we owned '98 740i before, great car, just poor on gas.

lol 7er = tank with a v8

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson View Post
    i'm not saying bmw's are not performance oriented cars, sure they are...plus with the extra comfort and tech and other ammenities that you're paying for.
    i may not be familiar with the brand but we owned '98 740i before, great car, just poor on gas.
    They are certainly a performance luxury brand. Every car in the lineup has driving dynamics that outshine every other car in its class. This seldom means that they outperform the others, especially on paper. But there are intangibles that require subjective comparisons that set BMW apart from the rest. It has taken decades, but a few car companies are starting to "get it". I can't describe it, myself. It's not that BMW's handle better or ride better, but they "feel" better. They give you the confidence to drive better, faster, with little practice.
    One of the downsides to producing high dollar performance oriented cars like modern BMW's, is that the typical buyer expects a high level of luxury that accrue a significant weight penalty. It seems as if they are starting to depart from their heritage in the past few years. I hope they stay on track because they are an incredible automaker and still unmatched, in my opinion.

I completely agree with that ^

Unfortunately the head the the Motorsport division doesn't seem to care too much about racing and the brand's heritage. Since then they have dropped out of F1 and other races (I think they were even talking about DTM)

It's a sad sight to see.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

yep, and I'm averaging 15-16 mpg and I'm saying that's 50/50 cty hwy. comfort was exceptional for long trips. heck my then 05 GT mustang has the same V8 and I got 23 mpg avg on regular gas minus all the comfort creature, i mean all in exchange to 5sec 0-60, 332HP. miss my old cars, wonder where they are nowadays.

"BMW...designed by Germans, driven by tossers..."

That's from the other Jeremy Clarkson.

Another one of my favorites from him (not you ) was "M3 drivers have no friends"

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I dont know man, but gotta love the Germans. Even their pencils perform well, I mean writing pencils.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.