Went from BMW to Subaru - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Went from BMW to Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I mean, I guess you don't get mechanical grip for free. You aren't going to get full rated life out ...

I mean, I guess you don't get mechanical grip for free. You aren't going to get full rated life out of tires if it is doing a good job at putting power to the road. I'm excited about the ability to rotate the tires, though.

It is always true that a well maintained car with higher miles is going to live a lot longer than a car with low miles that didn't receive proper maintenance. This becomes doubly true for the M3 because repairs and maintenance are very expensive! For crying out loud, it took 10w60 oil that cost >$20/qt and needed six quarts!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    Yeah, I dunno about you but I'm lookin forward to the mostly maintenance free years ahead.
    I sure hope so man lol.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    I'm excited about the ability to rotate the tires, though.
    Make sure to check your Subie's owners manual for the current rotation procedure for your awd car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Make sure to check your Subie's owners manual for the current rotation procedure for your awd car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sales girl said RR to LF and LR to RF. Makes sense. Just can't buy directional tread

You can use directional tires
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image002.gif   image001.gif  

Also, there's a catch on our spare tire... We can only use it on the rear wheels. Kinda sucks.

I never knew that about the spare. Good info.....

I've been meaning to actually go through and read my entire owners manual, but I've been so busy recently that when I do have free time, I just wanna relax lol.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Do what I did and log on to MySubaru and get the PDF of the manual, then read it at work, LOL

Do what I did and log on to MySubaru and get the PDF of the manual, then read it at work, LOL
    LOL I did that before I even picked up the car! When I told the Sales girl I did that, she looked at me funny.

On my way in to work today, I just discovered reason #17 I don't miss the M3 - no more raspy exhaust. That thing sounded like a cross between a chainsaw, a dirt bike, and a nice sounding BMW at around 3500 rpm.

Good call on the pdf file, now I have something to occupy my time at work.

And lol @ m3 raspyness....eliminating the rasp would be the first thing I would do to that damn car.

EDIT: Said .pdf file is 21.37mb and a whopping 450 pages.....my work laptop is having a damn heart attack zomg
    Last edited by xFalleNx; 03-16-2011 at 07:44 AM.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Hey lemme know if you guys find anything else interesting in there (like only being able to use the spare on the rear, my guess is that the spare won't clear the front brake calipers). This doesn't apply to us, but the manual says that if you have an automatic and running a spare, you have to manually disable AWD by putting a fuse into a socket. How odd!

Hey lemme know if you guys find anything else interesting in there (like only being able to use the spare on the rear, my guess is that the spare won't clear the front brake calipers). This doesn't apply to us, but the manual says that if you have an automatic and running a spare, you have to manually disable AWD by putting a fuse into a socket. How odd!
    I didn't know you could disable AWD by pulling a fuse! I wonder if it would improve fuel economy on a long trip. Hmmmm

Only interesting thing I really found was how to change out the license plate bulbs lol. It was driving me crazy yesterday trying to replace them.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    I didn't know you could disable AWD by pulling a fuse! I wonder if it would improve fuel economy on a long trip. Hmmmm
    Actually the manual says you need to put a fuse in an empty slot using one of the spares.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Only interesting thing I really found was how to change out the license plate bulbs lol. It was driving me crazy yesterday trying to replace them.
    Damn, a bulb went out already? I remember reading somewhere that a turnsignal bulb tends to go bad too, or was it the socket?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.