Traded my '05 Vette for an STI this past week-end!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Traded my '05 Vette for an STI this past week-end! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just traded my Red Corvette for a Subaru Sti and I am really stoked. It is the pearl white ...

Traded my '05 Vette for an STI this past week-end!

I just traded my Red Corvette for a Subaru Sti and I am really stoked. It is the pearl white hatch. I am a trackday and autocross vet. and I wanted to go in a different direction and try something new. Never had a AWD or Boosted car so I am really looking forward to learning the vehicle. Watched a couple of Ken Block and Rally vids on youtube and I am happy to be a new subie owner...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome... that's quite the transition... your vette is faster in the straights, but the sti is probally faster around a track... post up some pictures of your vette and subbie...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I am not sure how to insert an image - I am not real good with a computer...DOH! I love the STI, just picked it up last night and kissed the vette goodbye. The STI doe snot have the same holeshot as the vette and gets a little winded in 4th and really huffy in 5th and 6th compared to the vette but it corners like a go-cart. I have never been in anything that carves corners like this hatch. My friend has a Lotus I've gone up against on track days and he always ate my lunch in the corners. I want to put the STI up against him and see what happens.

I am super impressed with this car - if my vette was a ten on the fun scale, the STI is an even 12!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the purchase! I'm always interested to hear from people coming from V8/RWD platforms; the Vette is a world class sportscar in its own right.

Your friend in the Lotus may still each your lunch in the corners, though...simplify, and add lightness.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Prior to my wrx, i was driving an 05 mustang gt, one of the first new retro body styles that came out in late 2004. The difference as what I've noticed is the power delivery from a naturally aspirated V8, it's a little harder to drive casually compared to boosted cars like the wrx. I like the fact that I can drive the wrx like a regular compact or just basically drive aggressively. The mustang was also really great in curves, the live rear axle positions the car not to the point that it will slide, it will if opt to or lock the rear tires (e-brake). The shifter on the mustang is somewhat has the "mechanically feeling" not like the "mushy feel" on the wrx which I dont really like. Quickness was almost the same, my GT was diablo tuned with CAI and borla exhaust and etc with 332 HP, although heavy steering compared to wrx.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have driven 02 and 07 Z06 vettes (a few times actually)... there is no way an STI will outcorner those cars - unless there is snow on the ground. I can't imagine the '05 standard vette is that far off in cornering from the Z06. If I didn't live in the north pole - I would be a vette owner for sure, but I know the grass is always greener.....

What Lotus? There are a few around up here that seem to "gun it" and not keep up with me that well.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I agree, if I don't live in the Northwest with frequent rains and snows, I won't be driving a wrx. But I love my wrx, its a complete car all around.
    wrx with a carseat

I Support ClubWRX
    I had an 04 Z06... Sold it.. Bought more scoobs..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Would choose my WRX over any car ever no matter what. But thats just me. Vettes are nice, but from a dig i think the AWD would out preform until the vette catches up later on down the road.... lol

Everyone has different experiences with every car. I had my Vette for several years, had a lot of fun with it, took it to the track several times for track days and really thought it was the absolute best sports-car for the money available.

My '11 STI changed my thinking. It is more fun to drive, has better turn-in and although it can't take it the straights, I would put money on the STI in the corners. I have never driven the '08-'10 WRXs or STIs, but I know that Subaru really changed a lot of the suspension and other 'go fast bits' on the '11.

Bottom line I was so impressed I traded my vette in, and I am really happy with it. Can't wait to take it to a DE and see how it performs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.