help!!!!! emissions epic fail
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help!!!!! emissions epic fail within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy in Denver horribly failed all parts of test he needs to know what to do he has 06 ...

help!!!!! emissions epic fail

My buddy in Denver horribly failed all parts of test he needs to know what to do he has 06 wrx with Cobb carted dp, greedy cbe, hks boost controller, and welbro fuelpump, hks ssqv. What can he do to pass
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    My buddy in Denver horribly failed all parts of test he needs to know what to do he has 06 wrx with Cobb carted dp, greedy cbe, hks boost controller, and welbro fuelpump, hks ssqv. What can he do to pass
    Pay off an inspector, he's a long way from stock, and that's the only real way to be sure to pass inspection
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Pay off an inspector, he's a long way from stock, and that's the only real way to be sure to pass inspection
    +1

Please read this thread
    WARNING FOR BUYING CATTED DOWNPIPES!!!

As it says in that thread, even if he's got a catted downpipe, it's going to fail the NOx test. Reinstalling the stock downpipe, stock BPV, and flash it back to stock or stage one. This is really the only way to pass the test in Colorado, without paying someone off.

I read it already.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    I read it already.
    then you have the info you need. Sucks that mods dont work with local laws but it is what it is. Mess with any emissions equipment and you're illegal in all 50 by federal law. You wont get away with it unless you're in a state that doesn't do inspections.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Does your buddy have any friends of family that lives in a rural county that doesn't require emissions?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    I get letters in the mail, I send in money and I get new stickers muahahahahahahahaha

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.