11' WRX DGM W/ Tint now....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 11' WRX DGM W/ Tint now.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had this since september and haven't really done much to it because it's been fine stock. The only thing ...

11' WRX DGM W/ Tint now....

I've had this since september and haven't really done much to it because it's been fine stock. The only thing that was driving me crazy was the lack of window tint so that was solved last week. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1446.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	95826Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1450.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	95827Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1447.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	95828Attachment 95829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1448.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	95830

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks good

nice! How much did it cost. Also do you by anychance have the autodimming rearview mirror and if so does the tint render it useless(save for the compass)?

looks great with tint. i dont have the auto dimming mirror, but i found that after tint, and i got 5% on the back 5 windows, i have zero issues with glare from the mirror.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by jubei49 View Post
    nice! How much did it cost. Also do you by anychance have the autodimming rearview mirror and if so does the tint render it useless(save for the compass)?
    It ran me 250... some say that's high but with the quality of the work and with the treatment of the car (aka taking off door panels and all) I don't mind paying that.
    I do not have that version of the mirror so I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Looks good! I have the same car and I'm also thinking about tinting. What % is that?

+1 on what % that is. Looks real dark...20% at least.

I paid more than $250 on my last car so that's not a bad price. Thanks for the pics...I'm still trying to figure out what % I want to go with on my DGM hatch. I think something around 27% would be perfect. 35% is too light. 20% was too dark (last car) sometimes.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Looks great, I'd love to go 20%, but I'm not sure how much the cops will harass me with that here in NY. I've decided to go 30%, which is what I've done with my last few cars.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

This is a 20% all the way around! Sorry for the delayed response...
    They are dark looking but if you leave the sunroof shade open it lets more light in the cabin which makes them seem less dark. This makes me feel like I won't get pulled over as fast.

LOL. I used to do the same thing in my Evo. Whenever I'd see a cop I'd slide open the sunroof shade to let more light in haha.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good! I need to do mine!
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

love the car! I've never had tint on any of my cars, so I have a few noob questions about tint, wondering if you all can help:

1. What tint level does a car come with? I know they aren't perfectly clear, they have some level of tint even though it's not much.

2. What is a legal level of tint? I know too dark and you run the risk of getting repeated tickets, so I'd like to stay legal even if it's not as dark as most people like.

3. What would be a good level tint that adds a bit of darkness to the windows but would still let you see in?

4. Is it normal to make the back window and the back two door windows darker than the windshield and front two door windows? Or would that look weird having windows right next to each other that are different levels of tint?
    2011 Subaru WRX Limited DGM 4 door

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcnary View Post
    love the car! I've never had tint on any of my cars, so I have a few noob questions about tint, wondering if you all can help:

1. What tint level does a car come with? I know they aren't perfectly clear, they have some level of tint even though it's not much.

2. What is a legal level of tint? I know too dark and you run the risk of getting repeated tickets, so I'd like to stay legal even if it's not as dark as most people like.

3. What would be a good level tint that adds a bit of darkness to the windows but would still let you see in?

4. Is it normal to make the back window and the back two door windows darker than the windshield and front two door windows? Or would that look weird having windows right next to each other that are different levels of tint?
    Hey, I work for a tint company so i have a little insite...although I do Interior flat glass rather than auto.

1. I think its pretty much clear from factory although windshields ARE U.V. protected.

2. Legalities vary from state to state....in VA its 50% front side. and 35% on back side and rear. Anything on windshield is illegal. The only car that can get away with darker on the back is SUV type, They can go as dark as they want. Conversly in Maryland There laws are lax....Ive seen front windshields with 20% and all side and back with pretty much Limo tint .....The cops dont care up there. But a call to local tint shop will answer that immediately.

3.and 4. Pretty much 50% in front is the perfect shade for darkness but maintaining good visibility(thats why cops feel this is comfortable amount in front). 4. It is normal here (V.A.) to have 2 different tints from front and back so I dont think its weird. I think It looks good actually. But again Its the state laws that govern what your allowed to do.

P.S. Anyone can put on tint, and there are Thousands of different qualities of tint. Pay for the quality of the film. Its the adhesive that will fail and the color that will fade. So make sure your not buying cheap film or in 3 years rather than 20 it will start to bubble and fade(turn purple with really cheap film).
    Stay away from that guy who says he can do it on the side for 80 bucks!!
    P.S.S. The % is the amount of light ALLOWED THROUGH GLASS.
    Last edited by jubei49; 03-21-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Awesome! thanks for the help/answers!
    2011 Subaru WRX Limited DGM 4 door

It's always great to see another '11 DGM hatch either on the forums or in person. I really need to post mine up too. Great pick in color! The tint really changes the way the car looks huh! It was also my first "mod" but I also got the taillights tinted red (just the borders). I got mine done with 20% all around except the front windows are 35%. Ran $160 for the windows and $120 for the red taillights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast