Just placed my order!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just placed my order!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys! I just placed an order for my 2011 DGM base WRX wagon and I was stoked to get ...

Just placed my order!!!

Hey guys! I just placed an order for my 2011 DGM base WRX wagon and I was stoked to get $1000 under invoice!!!

I ordered it with the short shifter, center arm rest extension, autodim mirror with homelink, and wheel locks. Unfortunately, my salesman "RC" said that for some reason, the short shifter could not be added to my order. He couldn't give me a reason but he was straight up with me about everything else so I took his word for it and I'll just get an aftermarket short shifter later on.

Anyways, I'm super excited and just hoping it doesn't take any longer than 2-3 months for the car to get here!

If anyone in Socal wants a great deal, hit up Ratana aka "RC" at Timmons Subaru in Long Beach. He did tell me that he wasn't supposed to give me that price and probably won't be able to do it again but he's a super cool guy and gives his best pricing up front without haggle or negotiation. Feel free to PM me if you'd like his contact info.

I'll try to update this thread with the updates on the car as I get them! Glad to be a soon-owner of a WRX!!!
    3/12/11: Ordered 2011 DGM WRX hatchback! And the waiting begins...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    congratulations.and the 2011 is a hatchback,not a wagon
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good deal
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

So I emailed my CA and he said that although he doesn't have a specific ETA, scheduled delivery is for May!
    So excited!!!!

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Welcome to the DGM 5DR club! You WILL love it.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, i placed my order for MY'11 WR Blue BLO on March fifth. Kinda worried about the delivery date, Japanese have other problems now. Well, tho weeks and counting...

@Igor103 BLO is the Limited hatch? If so, I ordered mine on 11/6/10 and I still had no word as of 3/18/11. I ended up taking a dealer stock Premium instead and adding some extras on to my original specs. You may be waiting a while. Good luck though.

I Support ClubWRX
    BLO is Premium, BLP is the Limited one (leather was too slippy, didnt like it). Yeah, its gonna a be a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 94cc0rd View Post
    I ordered it with the short shifter, center arm rest extension, autodim mirror with homelink, and wheel locks. Unfortunately, my salesman "RC" said that for some reason, the short shifter could not be added to my order. He couldn't give me a reason but he was straight up with me about everything else so I took his word for it and I'll just get an aftermarket short shifter later on.
    Congrats!

You're better off going aftermarket on the shifter anyway. It'll save you some money and it's a great DIY project (if you're into doing that sort of thing).
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a group buy on NASIOC for the Kartboy short shifter & bushings.I've put in a deposit,the more deposits ,the cheaper it gets for all of us.Its below market value pricing already.08+ Impreza Super Shifter Set - GROUP BUY!!!!! - NASIOC
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I just looked at that thread for the short shifter group buy. I think I'll be placing my deposit soon. I just like to do as much research as possible before spending money.

This might be a stupid question but does an after market short shifter have any effect on the car's warranty?

Also, how easy/difficult is it to install it? I usually like to try to do installs myself but with a brand new car, I'm always worried I might break stuff. On my current 98 240sx, I accidentally broke some door trim pieces installing some audio components and just dealt with it. I don't think I could live with a broken trim piece or something on a brand new car.

Any DIY writeup links (with pictures) so I can see the install process?

On another note, It's only been 1 week since placing my order and I'm already antsy. This is gonna be a LONG wait!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    This might be a stupid question but does an after market short shifter have any effect on the car's warranty?

Also, how easy/difficult is it to install it? I usually like to try to do installs myself but with a brand new car, I'm always worried I might break stuff. On my current 98 240sx, I accidentally broke some door trim pieces installing some audio components and just dealt with it. I don't think I could live with a broken trim piece or something on a brand new car.

Any DIY writeup links (with pictures) so I can see the install process?
    Next time you remove trim try using a plastic trim removal tool.

http://www.scoobymods.com/kartboy-st...90.html?t=3790

http://www.scoobymods.com/kartboy-re...49.html?t=5049
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

It's been about 3 weeks now and I still have yet to hear about an ETA or VIN #.

My CA keeps telling me that theres no specific date but scheduled delivery is May. Why do I think that won't happen?

I've already ordered the Kartboy shifter through the group buy on Nasioc.

I placed an order as well but soon realized after theQuake/tsunami in Japan it is not worth waiting for a long time to get the car.

I picked up my car in Ventura had everything I wasnt but STS. Call Gary at Barber Subaru in Ventura they have a DGM limited which is better since you get leather, HID lights, Fogs, and Seat Warmers. Its priced out at the same as the one I bought from them.

I got a Limited SWP with Spt Exhaust and I love it. SOunds awesome trust me my cousin has a sedan with stock exhuast and he is jealous. Go for the limited they have. I got mine for invoice.

PLUS this is huge the .9 financing for imprezas ends 4/4 you can lock it in right now. It is tied to the fact that they had a surplus imprezas but thats not the case since the quake and halt of production in Japan.

The 1000 you got off inovice will easily be made up by the .9 financing you can get now. and they cant lock down the financing now with a VIN since the cars production keeps getting halted. Just my .2 cents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast