2011 WRX Intake

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Intake within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a question. Which intake is best to get for the WRX. i heard the KandN Typhoon Short intake ...

2011 WRX Intake

I have a question. Which intake is best to get for the WRX. i heard the KandN Typhoon Short intake is good also the Cold Air Intake. They both sound good but im not sure which is best. Any suggestions? Im prefer good performance and sound.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaWRX View Post
    I have a question. Which intake is best to get for the WRX. i heard the KandN Typhoon Short intake is good also the Cold Air Intake. They both sound good but im not sure which is best. Any suggestions? Im prefer good performance and sound.
    I was gonna install CAI on mine too, but after reading this i changed my mind.
    NASIOC - View Single Post - Intake FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one!

I Support ClubWRX
    On a stock car, none.

If you plan on using a Cobb AP base maps in the future, AEM or Cobb.

If you plan on using a shop for tuning, contact them and ask what they like.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Do yourself a favor and get an AccessPort (tune) first. After that, mod away and adjust your tune accordingly. I am using (and would recommend) this setup for stage 1+

COBB Tuning SF Intake and Airbox Subaru WRX / STI 2008-2011 at RallySportDirect.com
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I went with the AEM CAI intake and have the AP. I have the Stage 1 93 AEM LWG map loaded. Gains looked impressive. Had 2 very nice storms here, and have had no issues with the CAI. And you get to here all the wooshes it makes.
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CVG993 View Post
    I went with the AEM CAI intake and have the AP. I have the Stage 1 93 AEM LWG map loaded. Gains looked impressive. Had 2 very nice storms here, and have had no issues with the CAI. And you get to here all the wooshes it makes.
    Just curious (not hijacking) - why LWG?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Initial boost seemed high. Playing it safe. I may change back as weather warms up.
    '11 WRX Ltd Sedan DGM
    '11 Audi Q5 2.0T IW
    '98 C2S 3.8 GW
    '95 968 Cab GPW

Quote Originally Posted by CVG993 View Post
    I went pretty much the same route but added a Cobb DP with the AP stage 2 AEM map.

As far as fear of hydrolock goes you probably shouldn't ever drive through water deep enough that reaches halfway up your bumper regardless of what intake you have. Like others have stated go with an AP stage 1 AEM. Cobb thought enough of the AEM intake to make a map for it, which says alot I think.
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Stlgrndskeeper View Post
    I went pretty much the same route but added a Cobb DP with the AP stage 2 AEM map.

As far as fear of hydrolock goes you probably shouldn't ever drive through water deep enough that reaches halfway up your bumper regardless of what intake you have. Like others have stated go with an AP stage 1 AEM. Cobb thought enough of the AEM intake to make a map for it, which says alot I think.

Oh ok i see. So which is the best bet. Stage 1 or Stage 2?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    best as far as what?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.