Ordered my WRX 5DR limited SWP today! Put down the $500 deposit
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ordered my WRX 5DR limited SWP today! Put down the 0 deposit within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Break down is as follows: Im located In Southern Orange County CA Put 0 down which will go towards my ...

Ordered my WRX 5DR limited SWP today! Put down the $500 deposit

Break down is as follows:
    Im located In Southern Orange County CA
    Put $500 down which will go towards my final purchase price of $500 over invoice

MSRP 31953
    Invoice 29579(+$500)

SWP 5DR Limited
    Sirius:$320
    Trunk Kicker Subwoofer:$407
    Red Interior Illum:$57
    Value Pkg GroupC:$357
    STI Shift Knob:$59
    Short Throw:$231
    Cargo Tray:$46
    Vert Cargo Net:$26
    All Weather Mats:$39

Looks like Ill have to get the Turbo heatshield($60) and sts bushing($25) installed at the dealer. will also do 30% tint all way around.

With the .9 Financing and 0 down Ill be paying around $530/month. Each 1K i put down lowers the rate by $18/month so not worth putting anything down. Once I get the VIN(about 4 weeks) I will be able to lock down the financing and turn in my car maybe(probably borrow my parents car for 4 weeks until the subie comes in). Dont want to have the price of my GTI go down while I wait for it to get in. CANT WAIT! Ive wanted an awd wrx for years now and had to jump on one now that they have wide body again.

Ill post up pics once it comes in.

BTW is there a way to turn of the automatic threat subscription? It is kinda annoying to get the emails everytime someone posts
    Last edited by YorkWRX11; 03-08-2011 at 06:21 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds awesome!

I think the swp looks real nice.
    Robert

Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

What dealership did you buy from? How was your car buying experience?

Did you have to haggle alot to get $500 over invoice?

I'm asking because I'm also looking to buy a new WRX wagon soon and want some recommendations on dealers and salesman.

Can anybody recommend a salesman (preferably an internet sales manager of some sort) and/or dealership in Socal?
    3/12/11: Ordered 2011 DGM WRX hatchback! And the waiting begins...

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations & now the agonizing wait.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Congrats...the wait SUCKS!

Sales experience great no haggling. Ordered from irvine Subaru off lake forest and 5 freeway. Rich Thorton was super nice great guy. If you pm me I can give you his direct number (cell). So far so good I haven't locked down financing since I dont have the car yet but I don't see why it will be a problem we agreed on the price 500 over invoice (feel price is fair no reason to haggle)which i compared with edmonds(brought in from inet) and tradein on my car, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted as to the whole experience and yes the waiting sucks but I have s decent car now and would rather wait and get the specific things I'm looking for in my car and specifically the color and options the limited comes with.
    Last edited by YorkWRX11; 03-08-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Well I ordered mine on 2/28 in a dealer in san gabriel valley and the price that we agreed is about $900 below invoice.
    Took me a whole 3 weeks to negotiate but I think you are paying a lot high on your car.
    My limited has the navigation, sts, homelink mirror. My dealer was charging me $577 for the subwoofer so that I didn't take it.
    The final price that we agreed on was $29300. Took me three weeks to negotiate into that price but I think I got a very good deal though. One more thing to mention is on the 3 dealers that I have been to in LA county they all agreed to order a car and at least sell at invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    Break down is as follows:
    Im located In Southern Orange County CA
    Put $500 down which will go towards my final purchase price of $500 over invoice

MSRP 31953
    Invoice 29579(+$500)

SWP 5DR Limited
    Sirius:$320
    Trunk Kicker Subwoofer:$407
    Red Interior Illum:$57
    Value Pkg GroupC:$357
    STI Shift Knob:$59
    Short Throw:$231
    Cargo Tray:$46
    Vert Cargo Net:$26
    All Weather Mats:$39

Looks like Ill have to get the Turbo heatshield($60) and sts bushing($25) installed at the dealer. will also do 30% tint all way around.

With the .9 Financing and 0 down Ill be paying around $530/month. Each 1K i put down lowers the rate by $18/month so not worth putting anything down. Once I get the VIN(about 4 weeks) I will be able to lock down the financing and turn in my car maybe(probably borrow my parents car for 4 weeks until the subie comes in). Dont want to have the price of my GTI go down while I wait for it to get in. CANT WAIT! Ive wanted an awd wrx for years now and had to jump on one now that they have wide body again.

Ill post up pics once it comes in.

BTW is there a way to turn of the automatic threat subscription? It is kinda annoying to get the emails everytime someone posts
    Congrats on the order! I just got mine 2 weeks ago and it's great! I'm also in OC area, I got mine from Timmons tho. Is the $29,579 including all those options you've listed? Because I'm looking at the invoice pricing and it's $28,259...

About the two dealer installed options, in my opinion they're unnecessary and it'd be a waste of your money. The turbo already comes with a heat shield over the turbo, this add on one is just a waste of $60 and the labor cost the dealer is going to charge you for installing it.

I also had the dealer install the STI STS Bushing this past weekend and honestly there's no difference in shifter feeling and they wanted $180 to total for part+installation so IMO not worth the buy.

And if you need any recommendations on a tint shop, I have one in OC that does really great work. I've taken my past cars and my new wrx there and they do top quality work and he hooks up people i bring there so just let me know.

Sounds like you got a good deal. I am personally happy with the $500 over invoice. That is what I paid for my other car and it seems fair. I saw someone on here that got a car for $600 under invoice but that was becuase he knew someone at the dealership. I would be scared that they are making up the money some other way. What is the financing you plan on getting? Is your credit score good. Ive never worked at a dealership but $900 under invoice sounds too good to be true but that awesome that you got the price. For me I am happy with what I got some of the upgrades were more money.. but its what I want. I can pass with the nav Ill just use my gps unit or my phone tied into bluetooth for that matter. Performance or sound quality was more important than nav to me. Not worth haggling and waiting to save a little dough at the end of the day I am happy and it is nice that its a local dealership(5 miles from house) so If I ever do any mods to my car they should be friendly. In the past I wouldve tried to shop more but not worth my time. I have a car which isnt bad just like to get into the WRX with the great financing and Ive always wanted an awd.

What color did you get? Why did you have to order it?? there were a lot of limiteds with navs
    Last edited by YorkWRX11; 03-09-2011 at 05:02 PM.

I get my tint done at terrfic tint. He does use razor blades its all done with cpu then put onto the car. good to know on the heat shield and bushings. Im def over it. The satellite and Sub had to be purchased ala carte not in the package it wasnt available in the non nav. What do you use to price it out? Im using Edmonds

Yeah like every single person that I talked to tell me that I got a really good deal, I believe it was because that the dealership itself had too many cancelled order recently since throughout the time I was shopping 3 WRX came in and 2 of them were ordered but they ended up not buying them. So I guess that's why they gave me this price. I was scared that they would not sell me the car at that price so I made them sign some paperwork that locks the price. I guess that I got that price also because I was very relax on talking about the price and since it's the first time that I am buying a car I just started with a really low price and keep raising it. Well I am using my mom's credit and they said as long as her credit score is over 700 we will get the lowest rate available at the time that we take the car home. We are going to put $13000 down and then probably do the 48months financing. I was going to get the catback exhaust and sub but I am a high school kid so catback will just increase the chance that I will get into trouble and the sub I tested it I think it doesn't worth that price at all so for speakers I will just go aftermarket. Mine is also my local dealership and I was surprised that I got the best deal from them since I heard a lot of stories that they don't usually give good deals.

Well I also got a white 5dr and I guess a limited white 5dr is very hard to find, did your dealership offer you the one in mississippi though?

Well the bad news is my car wont get here until the end of May. The good news is I found one 2 hours away from here . I was contacted by a dealership who I had told to call me if he got a white limited in and he did. I got first priority. Only reason it was available is becuase someone decided not to buy it. There loss is my gain. Its a SWP Limited 5 Door with homelink, center arm, bumper cover, spt exhaust. Good News is on Sunday I will be picking it up I also ended up getting at invoice pricing so I saved $500 over mine. Doesnt have the sub but i am getting it for 236and plan to get a deal on the dealer install. Figured I have pandora one so whats the point of satellite anyways. The exhaust should be a nice additiion as well. I tried to get them to take it off but he couldnt so oh well. Once the warranty is up on car ill probably replace it with 3' and stage2.

Ill post up pics by Tuesday assuming the deal goes throug smoothly. I want to be sure to lock in the .9 APR because I am concerned it will go up due to the quake and shortage of wrxs. WIsh me luck

I also plan on getting in on the group buy kartboy STS with bushings, my cousin is going to help me install it so not to shabby at $145.

29126K otd
    Last edited by YorkWRX11; 03-24-2011 at 02:53 PM.

nice

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    Well the bad news is my car wont get here until the end of May. The good news is I found one 2 hours away from here . I was contacted by a dealership who I had told to call me if he got a white limited in and he did. I got first priority. Only reason it was available is becuase someone decided not to buy it. There loss is my gain. Its a SWP Limited 5 Door with homelink, center arm, bumper cover, spt exhaust. Good News is on Sunday I will be picking it up I also ended up getting at invoice pricing so I saved $500 over mine. Doesnt have the sub but i am getting it for 236and plan to get a deal on the dealer install. Figured I have pandora one so whats the point of satellite anyways. The exhaust should be a nice additiion as well. I tried to get them to take it off but he couldnt so oh well. Once the warranty is up on car ill probably replace it with 3' and stage2.

Ill post up pics by Tuesday assuming the deal goes throug smoothly. I want to be sure to lock in the .9 APR because I am concerned it will go up due to the quake and shortage of wrxs. WIsh me luck

I also plan on getting in on the group buy kartboy STS with bushings, my cousin is going to help me install it so not to shabby at $145.

29126K otd
    Isn't it 1.9 right now?

nope right now it is .9 for 63 months at least in CA that is why I am jumping on this. It is linked to the Impreza and since the WRX is an impreza we can get the good rate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.