Kartboy Bushing??

This is a discussion on Kartboy Bushing?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey I just got my Kartboy shifter bushings and I'm in the process of installing them. I got the bolts ...

Kartboy Bushing??

Hey I just got my Kartboy shifter bushings and I'm in the process of installing them. I got the bolts all loose and about to remove the old bushings and install the new ones. My question is, should I put grease on the new ones or is it okay to just put them in.
    Also does anyone have any tips to make removing the old ones easier (I havent really tried yet just wondering in case I run into trouble.)
    Thanks for your input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Update: Ok I got the bushings out. (Incredibly easy). It looks like there is grease on them, or at least on the front one. What kind of grease is it? I guess Ill have to wait till the morning to test them out .

I Support ClubWRX
    You want to grease (white lithium or equivalent) the bushings
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Got the bushings installed and everything back together . I took the car around the block and have to say there is improvement but not as much as I was hoping for. Maybe im speaking to soon (just drove around the block) but when I tried my friend's STI with this mod you would just feel the gears click in. Mine still feel a little rubbery.
    Oh well there is still a noticeable improvement which is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toneloc08 View Post
    Got the bushings installed and everything back together . I took the car around the block and have to say there is improvement but not as much as I was hoping for. Maybe im speaking to soon (just drove around the block) but when I tried my friend's STI with this mod you would just feel the gears click in. Mine still feel a little rubbery.
    Oh well there is still a noticeable improvement which is good enough for me.
    you may not notice the difference as much if you only did the front bushings. there is a rear bushing set, as well as a trans mount upgrade and trans crossmember bushings. do all of those and then you'll be clicking. also keep in mind the sti has a pretty different transmission.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now