So many options so little subie experiance
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on So many options so little subie experiance within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I picked up a 2003 wrx a couple weeks ago. Nice car just needs engine rebuild, replace or upgrade. ...

Question So many options so little subie experiance

So I picked up a 2003 wrx a couple weeks ago. Nice car just needs engine rebuild, replace or upgrade. So many ways to go and I am not sure on a few options. I have a 2003 jdm 2.0 STI available 45K as stated by seller. engine, trans, ecu and harness available but am not sure what I would have to change to go this route. I am guessing it is not a simple drop it in plug it in and go deal. I am thinking new oem short block and heads at a crazy cost of $3300.00 plus related assembly cost, gaskets, belts oil pump etc. I like the deal on the JDM complete set up at $2900.00 but do not know what I would need to do to get it running correctly.
    Any thoughts or info would be great.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

omg... version 7?

It's a relatively easy swap... you caan use your current wiring harness with 2 or 4 wires changed over (for avcs) - kits are available. You'll use the sti ecu and engine.

Those ej207's are great engines... especially the v7's. If you have the opportunity, go for it!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.