So many options so little subie experiance

This is a discussion on So many options so little subie experiance within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I picked up a 2003 wrx a couple weeks ago. Nice car just needs engine rebuild, replace or upgrade. ...

Question So many options so little subie experiance

So I picked up a 2003 wrx a couple weeks ago. Nice car just needs engine rebuild, replace or upgrade. So many ways to go and I am not sure on a few options. I have a 2003 jdm 2.0 STI available 45K as stated by seller. engine, trans, ecu and harness available but am not sure what I would have to change to go this route. I am guessing it is not a simple drop it in plug it in and go deal. I am thinking new oem short block and heads at a crazy cost of $3300.00 plus related assembly cost, gaskets, belts oil pump etc. I like the deal on the JDM complete set up at $2900.00 but do not know what I would need to do to get it running correctly.
    Any thoughts or info would be great.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

omg... version 7?

It's a relatively easy swap... you caan use your current wiring harness with 2 or 4 wires changed over (for avcs) - kits are available. You'll use the sti ecu and engine.

Those ej207's are great engines... especially the v7's. If you have the opportunity, go for it!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit