New member from West KY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New member from West KY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone. Just wanted to make the obligatory intro thread. My name is Rick, I live in Western KY. I ...

New member from West KY

Hello everyone. Just wanted to make the obligatory intro thread.
    My name is Rick, I live in Western KY. I work as a tech at a Toyota dealership.
    Just a few weeks ago I acquired my first WRX. I have wanted one since I found out about them in 2003. Around 2004 I started getting into WRC, and I wanted one even more. Sadly I was only 19 or 20 at the time, and they were way out of my price range.
    I love all Subarus, and this WRX is my third. I'm a wagon fan, too... My first was a 98 Impreza Outback Sport that had over 270,000 miles on the chassis. I put a 2.5RS front bumper and drive train in it. Super fun car, just very slow and old.. Second is my wife's 03 Forester 2.5 XS Premium that we still have. And of course third is my 03 WRX wagon.

Enough about me, here are some pictures!

Here is the WRX 2 days after I got it with my OBS the day its new owner came to pick it up

Here is the WRX a week or so later after I put on my roof rack, mudflaps, and pink "I" badge

This is the Forester with the Outback. I don't have many pictures of the Forester...

Oh yeah! I'm looking for a good used, lower priced exhaust for my WRX. Cat backs only. I don't have any "power mod" plans for the WRX. I want it to be reliable until I can afford the consequences of tuning. It is my daily driver, and I want to hit a couple of AutoCross races this season.
    Right now I just want to put a nice louder exhaust on it (right now it's open from the axle back so I can hear it) and eventually get some nice wheels. Before I bought the car I acquired a set of 04 STI suspension with an unknown brand lowering spring that I plan on installing soon.
    I'm also looking for a turbo heat shield as someone before me thought it a good idea to remove it off of my car...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Western KY looks beautiful.

Enjoy the site.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks!
    WKY is pretty scenic, even if everything is dead in most of those pictures. I'm pretty sure that all of those pictures were taken since the beginning of the year early in the morning when I start my car to go to work, the newest pictures of the WRX were taken just Friday evening. Things are starting to come back to life, but it's raining like crazy...

welcome! i've always liked the bugeye wagons. nice ride.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.