Ordering my WRX limited 5DR on Tues 3/8 any suggestions on what I must get with it?

This is a discussion on Ordering my WRX limited 5DR on Tues 3/8 any suggestions on what I must get with it? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Can't find the combo I want anywhere is CA so going to risk it and just order one. Hopefully in ...

Ordering my WRX limited 5DR on Tues 3/8 any suggestions on what I must get with it?

Can't find the combo I want anywhere is CA so going to risk it and just order one. Hopefully in 6 weeks Ill still be able to take advantage of the .9 APR for 63 months. Getting rid of the 09 GTI lease. Going to buy this bad boy... Always wanted one so I am super stoked. Almost got an 06 prior to the GTI but insurance was going to be $50 more a month which was the deal breaker. Now im older so its all good.

So far must haves:
    short throw
    Sub/amp Sirius Radio pack
    All weather mats
    Interior illum kit Red(how is blue?) My gti has red so figured id keep it the same.

Value packC, Audio Pack2

Maybe

The boost gauge will come in handy but im not a fan of how its installed on the dash.. Will just get one and put in vent.

Is there anything on here that I am missing? Something you wish you wouldve gotten but didnt?

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    what is in the Value packC, Audio Pack2?I also got the center arm rest extender.I would have gotten the SPT exhaust.The red illumination kit goes with the interior as the gauges are all red.Also I got all weather mats from weathertech,they are lot more practical than the OEM mats.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    You've got a solid list, but everything is personal.

The Subaru STS is a solid unit and has warranty protection - I have it and like it, but many people prefer some aftermarket units more.
    The sub/amp I do not have, but from what I've picked up here and on other sites it is not particularly worth the money. Aftermarket is a better option.
    Mats - if you want 'em you probably need 'em.
    Illumination kit - if that's what you like, go for it. The blue does look good BTW.
    Gauge - sounds like they are hard to come by, but the real question is whether you will really use it. The information can be useful for troubleshooting if you know what you are looking for. If you are a brake-booster it would be useful, but you clearly have no love for your brakes. If you are a typical driver, you'll know all you need to know from the feel of the boost coming on and learning the power points of your car.
    The armrest - got mine, glad I did.
    SPT exhaust - has a great sound - more rumble, but no additional performance gains. For myself, if it doesn't add power I have no interest in drawing attention to my car - I like keeping things as stock looking as possible to avoid the attention of the authorities. If you want rumble and performance you need to get a TBE unit, and then you are walking into mod city (might as well get a intake and a tune, go stage 2, then ... you get the idea)

Good luck with the purchasing process!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    Armrest extension, homelink mirror, and sts were the options i got for mine. Get it Tuesday. I tried them at the dealer.

I plan to get the holy shift kit from TiC. Just got the sts because the dealer gave it to me really cheap. The linkage can be used in combination with a short lever still if you want an even shorter throw. Wouldn't pay the full price for it for sure.

Armrest extension is pretty key. I am 5'9" and feel weird without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Almost forgot - I added the dimming mirror (non-homelink) and think it might be the most useful add
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    You've got a solid list, but everything is personal.

The Subaru STS is a solid unit and has warranty protection - I have it and like it, but many people prefer some aftermarket units more.
    The sub/amp I do not have, but from what I've picked up here and on other sites it is not particularly worth the money. Aftermarket is a better option.
    Mats - if you want 'em you probably need 'em.
    Illumination kit - if that's what you like, go for it. The blue does look good BTW.
    Gauge - sounds like they are hard to come by, but the real question is whether you will really use it. The information can be useful for troubleshooting if you know what you are looking for. If you are a brake-booster it would be useful, but you clearly have no love for your brakes. If you are a typical driver, you'll know all you need to know from the feel of the boost coming on and learning the power points of your car.
    The armrest - got mine, glad I did.
    SPT exhaust - has a great sound - more rumble, but no additional performance gains. For myself, if it doesn't add power I have no interest in drawing attention to my car - I like keeping things as stock looking as possible to avoid the attention of the authorities. If you want rumble and performance you need to get a TBE unit, and then you are walking into mod city (might as well get a intake and a tune, go stage 2, then ... you get the idea)

Good luck with the purchasing process!
    FOr sure the center armrest is a must have love it on my GTI. yeah I would rather just my my car built with the sub and its looks clean. Everytime I wait and upgrade my car it never happens I would rather just get it over with. ... like the GTI just (revo)chipped it, tinted next thing you know Im ordering a WRX haha.

Im new to this but correct me if im wrong the STS is the Subwoofer? Not familiar with all the acronyms yet. Just know all the vw ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    what is in the Value packC, Audio Pack2?I also got the center arm rest extender.I would have gotten the SPT exhaust.The red illumination kit goes with the interior as the gauges are all red.Also I got all weather mats from weathertech,they are lot more practical than the OEM mats.
    The names of the packages I got off Vehix.com. I also use Edmonds and they are different. Anyone know if Vehix or Edmunds has the correct packages?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    Im new to this but correct me if im wrong the STS is the Subwoofer? Not familiar with all the acronyms yet. Just know all the vw ones.
    STS=short throw shifter
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

If you are getting the shifter you may want to consider the bushing as well, I have heard good things about it, but I don't have it in mine. I also got the auto dimming mirror and it works great, but might not be necessary if you are planning on getting the windows tinted.
    Also the dash lights on the WRX are red, if that helps you decide on the footwell illumination kit.

I'm glad to hear your trading in a GTI on the WRX, I was really tossed between the two when I was car shopping.

Congrats..

Have you driven with all weather mats like these? I bought my '04 with them and they were one of the first things I removed. My heels slid like nobody's business on the hard plastic and I'll never use them again.

Go to Autozone and get some of the rubber-backed mats and cut them to shape. That's what I use on all my cars now. They have rubber on the top in the areas your heels sit and it actually grips instead of sliding constantly.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I have the STS with the bushing and you can really tell a difference. Also have SPT catback, rain guards, auto dimming mirror with compass and simonize (sp?) paint protection. I dig them all...One thing I can tell you, I really like the all weather mats, they aren't slick or cause your feet to slip? Also got heated seats, heated wipers, sun/moon roof...really like everything.

Should I also get the spt Turbo heat shield?