Just bought a 2011 WR Blue 5 Dr WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just bought a 2011 WR Blue 5 Dr WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; From Park Subaru in Akron, OH Driving up from Winston-Salem, NC tonight to pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait! Base ...

Just bought a 2011 WR Blue 5 Dr WRX

From Park Subaru in Akron, OH

Driving up from Winston-Salem, NC tonight to pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait!

Base Model with short shifter, bushings, dimming compass mirror, all weather mats for $25,750
    Local dealer offered to order me one for $100 over Invoice but I didn't want to wait. I guess the difference in price is the value of a Bird in Hand!

When I get home, the car should be ready for its first oil change!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I thought the oil change interval was 7500 miles.

It is, and I am beyond understanding why they double the interval for the first change. Seems just the opposite of what should be the case.

Banned
    I believe they use a certain oil that it supposed to help break in the engine but dont quote me on that.

BTW congratz on getting the fastest color.
    Last edited by Marioshiboi; 03-04-2011 at 01:46 PM.

i was told by my dealer that it was every 3k and must be synthetic.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

The 2011's are good for 7k after the initial oil change

Nice. Post pics!
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    the fastest color.
    Hellz yeah!
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

my owners manual shows 7500 miles for the first oil change, and every 7500 after that. Nobody said anything about an initial oil change any earlier. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    From Park Subaru in Akron, OH

Driving up from Winston-Salem, NC tonight to pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait!

Base Model with short shifter, bushings, dimming compass mirror, all weather mats for $25,750
    Local dealer offered to order me one for $100 over Invoice but I didn't want to wait. I guess the difference in price is the value of a Bird in Hand!

When I get home, the car should be ready for its first oil change!
    ? You can get the STs and bushings from the dealer? I saw the STs as an option but how much did the bushings cost?

The STI Shifter comes with the bushings from what I am told. Apparently you can get just the bushings in the standard shifter, but with installation, according to my dealer there is almost no difference in price.

After reading these posts and talking to the dealer, maybe I'll just stick with their recommended interval. It is tempting to think I can do even better by changing it sooner, but I'm an engineer and realize there may be a very good reason for their recommended break in interval so I'll just follow it.

The short throw shifter and bushings were separate options. They charged me $470 for both, with installation. Probably steep, but I'm lazy and too excited about getting the car to freak out about it.

To the pics! (Sorry for the crappy phone camera)

Rain in Ohio:

Snowstorm through WVA on the way home:

Congrats! How did the summer Dunlops handle that snowstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    Congrats! How did the summer Dunlops handle that snowstorm?
    Before I hit the road, I mentioned to the dealer that I'd be passing through some snow on the way home and they cautioned me not to push the summer tires to hard, so I managed my expectations and ended up pleasantly surprised. Even when changing lanes over that nasty slush pile that accumulates between lanes, it didn't swerve or feel like it wanted to lose control. It only slowed down a bit because of the resistance.
    I'd say I definitely drove aggressively through the snow. Definitely happy with how it handled. Can't wait to get snow tires next season and give it a try!

Good to hear! My dealer told me to take it easy for the next day's snow storm as well. It was a wintry mix mess and ultimately led me to pick up snow tires on day 3 of owning the car. They made a huge difference for me, I love driving in the snow now. Lucky for you the white stuff should be done for the year, so you can put off that nice purchase until next winter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast