New Member! New 2011 wrx! Spring suggestions?

This is a discussion on New Member! New 2011 wrx! Spring suggestions? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello folks! I picked up a 2011 wrx at the end of the year in 2010. It is OBP base ...

New Member! New 2011 wrx! Spring suggestions?

Hello folks! I picked up a 2011 wrx at the end of the year in 2010. It is OBP base model. Standard ss throw, all weather mats, foglights, extended armest. I got Nameless Performance exhaust on the way and I was thinking about going a bit more aggressive. I think 18x9 but I heard that "hellaflush" looks "hella ugly" on stock suspension. Oh this car only gonna be for DD.

So my question is what is a good spring I can get without blowing my strut? Or is that impossible?

I know about blisten and their set up but it is way over my budget. Maybe when I have more money but not as of right now. Thanks for input and suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

woah puente hills? my friend jsut bought a 2011 White Sti from there sedan! how much was ur wrx? out the door and before taxes ?

Ummm just over 23? I had stuff added for half the price such as fog, all weather mats, and extended armest(must for me)

So you want 9" rims for just the looks? Do you care about performance? You can add about 7-8 pounds to each corner easy by stepping up to 9" rims and tires, which is a lot of unsprung weight to add.

Any springs you get aren't going to work right with stock struts, so again, do you care about performance or just looks?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

From what I've been hearing, the stock suspension shouldn't be pushed past a 3/4" drop with just springs. Anything more aggressive than that throws off the geometry too much.

So if you want lower than that you need to look into coilovers.
    Steve // 2008 Lexus IS-F // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Is it true that it is UGLY to go wider on stock suspension? I want to go wider and maybe to 18s but i don't want to change my suspension. I was thinking 18x9... or maybe 17x9 but I don't knoww.... i need advice!